I don't know of anyone braver than those men and women in uniform and their families. Soldiers, Firefighters, and Police officers risk their lives every day to keep our world a safer place. So we here at Twific Reviews think that they deserve their own contest. So "For the Love of a Man in Uniform" is born.
Here are the rules:
- Your story must be based on a man/woman in uniform or their loved ones. This includes: soldiers, sailors, marines, pilots, police officers, firefighters and medical personnel
- Your story must be a One Shot and please no previously posted stories or outtakes.
- The One Shot must be between 2,000 and 20,000 words not including an A/N or the contest heading which you must include in the document.
- Any Paring is allowed
- Any Rating is allowed. Lemons are not required, but are always appreciated!
- This is an anonymous contest so please don't cheat by telling people that it's your story...we will eventually find out and then you will be disqualified. Plus cheating isn't cool!
- Collaborations are allowed, but please remember to include all members pen-names in the heading.
- The limit is two entries per individual or collaboration
- We ask that you keep away from the topics of Rape and Incest or anything creepy like that. Also please also no Pedophilia (unless it's century year old vamps with 17 year old girls), bestiality (unless it's with warewolves)....geesh what is it with this series we're reading!
- Finally, please get your stories Beta'd...if you don't have someone available to beta for you I suggest sending the story to Project Team Beta: http://www.projectteambeta.com/ It does take time to get this done so don't wait until the very last minute to send it in. We're giving you plenty of time. If you are still having problems just get in touch with us and we'll see if we can help you out.
Submission Heading: "For the Love of a Man in Uniform" O/S Contest
Pen-name: (Will be removed to keep the contest anonymous)
Important Dates: June 1st - June 30th Accepting Entries July 1st - July 15th
Voting Open July 23rd Winners Announced
The stories will be judged by several of our review h00rs and as for the prizes...The winning stories will be featured here on the blog and will receive personalized banners made by the lovely FrozenSoldier who made our contest banner.
E-mail your entries or any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries must be received by 11:59PM EST 6/30/2011