- Text Size +

 

Copyright:

No copyright infringement is Meyer owns all Twilight characters and content. The plot although is mine.

Hello. My name is Edward Cullen and this is my story. I was born over 100 years ago. Yet, I still look like I am seventeen. How is that you ask? Well, my father is a very good plastic surgeon and my family lives off the blood of virgins. You mean you have never heard of that old wives tale? That if you are a vampire/witch and you drink the blood of a virgin under a full moon you will have youth for quite a few years. No? Well, that's good because that's not what this story is about.

It is about me, but I am a vampire. I do not live off of humans. I and my family live off of animals. We drink the blood of animals to live instead of humans.

Anyways, enough about the gore, I want to tell you the story of how I became apart of my Bella's life. How she really saved me-even though she will say I saved her.

It was many years ago, in Chicago, my mother and I were sick with the flu. We were sick with what history now calls the "Spanish Influenza."

One night I heard my mother talking to a man. I could not see his face, just that he had blond hair and he was sitting in the chair next to my mother's bed. Thinking she was talking about my father, I reached out my hand and tried to tell her he had already passed away.

"Take care of him," my mother said to him.

"I do not know what you are talking about," he told her.

"Please I know what you are and what you can do. Please do not let him die. I know it is too late for me, but not for him. Please! Give me your word," she gasped.

"I do not know what you mean madam, but I will take care of him as well as I can." he said.

Grabbing his hand, and looking into his face, my mother exclaimed, "Please! Do not let him die! He is bound for more than this. He is important to you and your family."

With a queer sound escaping his mouth, "I have no family." he whispered loudly.

"I know, but soon in the future you will understand." she said to him.

I saw him look at her, "Do you know what you ask of me?"

Nodding at him, she reached out her hand towards me and with her last breath, "I love you, Edward."

"Mom. MOM!" I stretched out my hand to her. She did not respond even though she was looking right at me. I watched as the light left her eyes. I was alone. My father has passed earlier in the night. My mother, not wanting to leave me alone in this world has waited for the doctor to come into work. She waited until he was here wanting to ask him to watch over me.

I do not remember these moments. These are not my memories. I barely remember my human life, but I remember my vampiric one so far with clarity. I can say I remember moments...a handful at most. But this one. One I wish I could remember on my own. Is not mine. I "watched" it play in my adopted father's mind quite a few times. The doctor that my mother asked to watch over me the night she died. You see, I can read minds. I came into this new life being able to read the minds of other people.

At first, when I "woke" up, I thought I was going insane. I heard my own thoughts and the thoughts of others. As time progressed, I was able to separate my thoughts from others. Almost to the point of being able to ignore them all together. The only time it was a problem was when someone else's name was Edward. Then my head turned no matter what.

My adopted father was Carlisle Cullen. He was doctor by profession. I am not sure how he can be a doctor and a vampire. We crave blood all the time. Yet, he has been able to care for humans, without any cravings. I do not understand, but I do admire him for it.

He says the reason he can abstain from human blood is because he wants to help the humans not hurt them. So we drink the blood of animals. He hypothesized that this helps us retains the humanity we had when we were truly alive...like you.

As time progressed, our family got bigger and bigger. Carlisle found Esme in the morgue of the hospital where he had been working. He fell in love with her when she was sixteen, but he wanted to let her grow up a bit before he made his feelings known. Now several years later, he found her and brought her back to where we lived. He changed her in hopes that she would be his mate. And she ended up being his true love. How he found her is something he regrets.

He wanted her to grow up a bit before he made his feelings for her known, but her family had other plans. We moved away for a couple of years and she had been forced to marry another man. This man beat her repeatedly, even when she had gotten pregnant with his child. She delivered the child and he ended up dying two days later. Not being able to live without her child, Esme tried to kill herself by jumping off a cliff. Carlisle was working the area again and he recognized her when she was brought into the morgue. He stole her away and started her transformation into a vampire

At first, it was really hard living with them. Hearing their thoughts and seeing the love between them. I ended up rebelling against the life we had created for ourselves. I left.

I went out on my own. I did what I thought was helping the police. I feasted on murders, rapists, and thieves of the night. This went on for several years. I tracked my dinner by listening to their minds.

One day, I stopped cold turkey, I could not continue. I was tracking a mind. It sounded young, but sometimes you could not tell. Not everyone had an education. Sneaking up on the voice in my head, I stopped short. It was a kid. He was thinking of how to kill his parents. I was astounded. How could this young kid think of killing his parents? According to him, his parents had not done anything except not give in to his whining. He just wanted their money. At 12, he wanted to kill his parents in cold blood. IT blew my mind.

So I crept up behind him and knocked him out. I took him to the police station and dropped him off. On the wall was his wanted poster. He was wanted for possibly killing his brother and sister. I felt sad for him. I just could not understand why he would want to kill his parents. I left soon after he woke up wondering how he had been caught. He thought he had gotten away scot-free.

I knew that all kinds of people were capable of doing wrong, but seeing it in this young child sent me back to my family. I went back with my heart in my hand. Carlisle and Esme welcomed me back with open arms. They never asked what I had done or where I had gone. I never volunteered. It was just forgotten. They were glad I was back.

A year after I came back, Carlisle came upon a young woman who had been brutalized. She was extremely close to death and he brought her home to save her. I recognized her as Rosalie Hale. The fiancee to the local banker's son. A very popular woman in the town we currently lived in. Carlisle knew this and we soon had to leave. So he gathered her up and we ran to Canada.

I never came out and said it, but I had hoped for something like that as well. Yet, when she started to wake up, I realized it would never happen. She woke up wondering what had happened and why she was not dead. After explaining everything to her, Carlisle showed her a mirror and she fell in love with herself. Rosalie became so self-absorbed she never showed any consideration for anyone except herself.

Until she ran home with Emmett. We had all just thought she was full of herself; that she could never care for anyone else. Emmett changed all of that. She found him on the verge of death and begged Carlisle to change him for her. He had been attacked by a bear and Rosalie did not trust herself to change him. Carlisle took one look at her face and knew he was her mate.

From that moment, she became more caring and loving to everyone. Although, she still fought with me constantly. She could not understand how I did not find her beautiful as others had all her life. She did not realize that I knew that the beauty was only skin deep. She was shallow; only thinking of herself or Emmett. She never left his side though, during his transformation or since.

Fifteen years later, Alice and Jasper show up. They introduced themselves, asked which bedroom was theirs and moved in. Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Emmett wondered where they got the gall to waltz in and ask that question. They took my room. Something about it had the bigger closet space. Granted I was on a hunting trip by myself, but that did not give them the right to just move me out of my room.

It was noticed that they both had golden eyes, which happens when you drink from animals and not humans. This helped everyone relax a bit. Alice said she and Jasper had been mates for a few years already. She had been waiting in a diner when he walked in. She told him he had kept her waiting long enough. Tipping his hat he replied, "My apologies, Miss." Rosalie and Esme just sighed. The story was romantic apparently.

So now many years later I find myself living with three couples; waiting for my mate to come along. Or at least hoping that I have a mate out there somewhere.

As the years progressed, Alice, who is psychic, started to have visions. Not clear ones. At first it was just pictures of different kids. A boy and a girl. It was the mid-60's and she started to have random visions of these two kids. Every couple of years or so they would change, they were getting older and older in the visions.

Then one day she had a vision of them getting married and getting pregnant. Not sure what that was about we just ignored them. Then she got random visions of a baby girl. She even got one of the little girl walking next to the man. This man had a mustache and was wearing a police uniform.

They were just glimpses. We never knew names or where they lived. It was not apparent what the visions were for or whom they could be for until one day. Alice had a vision of the girl, now about the age of three and her mom was calling for her.

"Isabella, come over here. You don't want to get your dress dirty now do you?"

The young girl stood with her hands on her hips and said, "It'z Bel-wa, mama! Not Iz-a-bel-wa!" She was dressed in pink gingham overalls, white tights and mary janes. I found myself compelled to find out as much as I could about this little girl. I started to scour Alice's memories and visions whenever I had a chance that she would not catch me. This led her to leaving the house more and more often. I finally figured out she was have more visions more often and she figured out that if she pictured Jasper in various forms of undress I would stay out of her mind.

Over time, Alice learned that the little girl's name was Isabella Swan, but she preferred to be called Bella. Once that was discovered, we did a search for her. At that time, it was the mid-80's and we found a Charlie and Renee Swan. They looked like the couple who were in Alice's visions. We also determined that the visions that Alice had in the sixties were of her parents Charlie and Renee. They seemed to coincide with her parents growing up, falling in love, getting pregnant and Bella being born.

A sunny day in 1989, Alice fell over in a vision and Jasper ran over to her. The vision came on so quickly she had no time to prevent me from seeing the vision. It was Bella and I in a meadow, lying next to each other, and I leaned in to kiss her. Alice came out of the vision believing that Bella was my mate.

I broke the window, "SHE IS NOT MY MATE!" I screamed and startled everyone in the room. No one but Alice and I had any ideas what I was talking about.

Carlisle and Esme ran over to Alice to see if she was all right. I just stood there heaving even though I did not need to breath.

"What did you see Alice?" Carlisle asked.

"She saw Bella and I lying in a meadow next to one another." I stated.

"How can this be she is just a little girl? A baby." Esme asked.

Alice looked at me, "You weren't supposed to see that yet. And yes, Esme, Bella is Edward's mate. But she won't be ready to meet him for a few more years."

Muttering to myself, I said, "It will never happen. I will condemn her to this life. I will not be apart of her life at all."

Alice's eyes glazed over again. She sagged against Jasper as the scene in her head played out. "NO," she screamed. "It can't happen that way." Everyone just looked at me to relay what she had seen. But I couldn't It was too horrific. Seeing Bella's unseeing eyes and the blood all around her was just too much.

Due to my decision to never be in her life she was going to die at a young age. A blond and dirty vampire would taker her life in high school or college.

"That can't happen, Alice. I won't be responsible for her me how I can make it right?"

Sobbing, Alice stated, "It will happen unless you accept that she is your mate and learn to love her."

Knowing I had the power to help Bella, I decided that I would find her and follow her. If only to end this rogue vampire who had his heart on ending her life too early for everyone in her life and ours.

"I don't know what you decided Edward, but you just fixed her future. I can see you both in the meadow again." Alice said grinning.

"I am glad you can see her again. She seems to be too precious to be lost to a monster like blondie." I said.

A few days later Alice had a hit on where she lived and who the man in the mustache was. Little did we know we lived close to them, or at least close enough for us to go on a quick run to fine them.

Forks, Washington, is where Bella Swan lived with her parents. We were in Alaska at this time living with the Denalis. She was about three years old at this time and a cute little girl. I plucked the address from Alice's mind and took off like a shot out the door. I wanted to see for myself what she looked like in person and not in Alice's visions. When I left, Alice was calling up my cell phone and I decided not to answer the call. She was determined though, the phone rang six more times and had numerous text messages from her and the family. I was already in Washington State, when I stopped to read the first one.

Edward since you are determined to see her and ignore me. WE are headed your way. Just be warned the smell of her blood will be like no other to you. Carlisle calls it "il tua cantante." Her blood will call to you almost like singing. It would have been best if you had waited for someone to go with you. We are headed your way.

Not believing her, but still not wanting to hurt Bella, I held my breath when I got to her house. I found her room with no problem and Alice was right. Bella's scent called to me. My throat started to burn like it had never burned before. I can say it was truly on fire when I entered her bedroom.

I expected to find her there asleep. But I was too late. I could hear her father quietly crying in his room. His thoughts were on how he had lost his little girl and the only woman he had ever loved. It seemed that Renee, Bella's mom, had left her dad and was moving them to California.

I was heartbroken. I walked down the stairs quietly. Looking around I saw pictures on the fireplace mantle. Alice's visions did her no justice. She was breath taking even as an infant. I could not begin to tell you what caused me to change my mind about her. Bella was my mate, she had to be. There was no other explanation for what I was feeling. IF I compared it to the feelings I had gleaned from my family and other mated couples I had been around. It was the same feeling and it was glorious. But she was still a child.

In my reverie, I never heard the door opening up and I never heard the click of a gun's hammer. I never stood a chance either. In walked Renee and Bella. My phone which I had set to silent was vibrating in my pocket.

I quickly took it out and I read...We are almost there. Please hold your breath and do not talk.

"Turn around and put your hands up." I heard Renee say. I put down the picture and turned around. I gasped when I saw Bella standing behind her mother. I did what Alice did not want me to do. I took a breath. This was the wrong thing to do. My throat was burning and I had to have her.

NOW!

I took one step towards Renee and Bella. My brain immediately calculated how long it would take me to end Renee and take the precious blood giving life from Bella. Seconds. It would take mere seconds. Long enough for Bella to start to scream and it would be all over.

With this in mind I took a step forward...

Yes, I took a step forward. A step towards my destiny.

KNOCK KNOCK

Holding the gun on me still, Renee stepped to the front door to answer it. I crept slowly, step by step, towards Bella and Renee. Appreciating the burning at the back of my throat like the monster was.

I heard a familiar voice at the door. Edward we are here. Try not to breathe anymore. We can get you out of this situation. Carlisle was here. "Pardon me ma'am. I was wondering if I could borrow a cup of sugar?"

Speaking at vampire speed, "A cup of sugar, Carlisle. What are you thinking?"

"I am trying to distract her so Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie can get you out of there, EDWARD!"

"Well be quick, Charlie has heard the commotion and is wondering what is going on down here." i shot back.

Renee looking confused at Carlisle, "Sugar... you want to borrow a cup of sugar. I am sorry, but I can't help you. I am a little busy."

Distract her and you should be able to get out unscathed Edward, Alice thought to me.

"I am sorry to have intruded at this time, Miss. I will leave you alone." Carlisle spoke and turned leaving quickly. I heard my family following him.

APOV

All this time, Bella, being Bella and not really afraid of much at her age, walked silently out from behind her mom's let and was walking up to Edward.

Not knowing how to deal with this, seeing as how his throat was burning more the closer she got. He quickly picked up the picture frame and threw it at the wall.

Renee screamed looking towards the wall and shot the gun. WIth the sufficient distraction, Edward at vampire speed left the room and shot out the door.

Charlie ran down the stairs, "What the hell woman! What are you shooting at?"

Renee started to cry, "There was a man in the house. He was holding a picture of us and I pulled my gun on him. As I told him to stay still, the door bell rang and I turned to answer it. Still pointing my gun at the man holding the picture. The man at the door asked for some sugar. Incredulously, I told him to go away. Looking like he was sorry to have bothered me; he turned to leave the porch and towards a group of people. When I was about to close the door the picture frame exploded against the wall. I shot the gun thinking the man was trying to escape and he did."

Thinking she was losing her mind, Charlie took the gun out of her hands and put it on the coffee table. "What are you doing back here? Not that I don't want you here, Renee, but I thought you were leaving me. I am glad to see you both, but I thought you had left." Charlie stated with tears running down his face.

"I got as far as the Forks city limit sign, and realized I couldn't leave you. I love you too damn much!" Renee sputtered as tears ran down her cheeks.

Picking up Bella and crossing the room to Renee, Charlie held them both in his arms. He realized that he had come very close to losing his family and he had changes to make so it wouldn't happen again.

Edward left the house quickly followed by his family. He ran to Alaska without stopping. Trying to get away from the little girl who had stolen his heart already. Everyone tried to keep up with him and to get him to stop.

EPOV

Alice started to speak, but I quickly quieted her. "Alice, I do not know what else you have seen. I know that you could have not seen what just happened as they were quickly made choices.

"Oh, I don't Edward. If you had just waited like I had asked you to. You would have met her while we were all in high school again. But now you have just messed everything up and I see you living like a homeless man on the streets. Yet, I can't see what city it is. I do know that it is in the same city as Bells, but fifteen years from now."

I opened my mouth to speak, but I had nothing to say. I had ruined yet another plan, if I had only waited for the right moment I could have met her and had her as a mate.

Carlisle asked, "Edward, what happened...?"

"Carl... I do not know. I entered the house through Bella's window..."

"Edward the peeping tom. Who knew he had it in him." Emmett muttered jovially.

Rosalie smacked him upside the head. "Ow, Rose. What was that for?" Emmett asked holding the back of his head and rubbing it.

"Well, if you would shut your mouth we could get to the end of Edward's story. And she is just a baby! You dolt!"

"Thank you, Rosalie." She nodded. "I entered the room on the second floor and her scent was almost too much. I was able to control it since it seemed like it she had not been there in a while. I left her room and headed down the stairs. I read Charlie's mind. Renee had taken Bella and was leaving him; something about moving to California and sunshine. As I walked down the stairs, I lost track of time and saw family pictures on the mantle of the fireplace. There were pictures of Bella from when she was a baby until now. I lost track of time and there was Renee holding gun on me. Then you all showed up. Thank you for helping me out." I told everyone

"Well, it seems like it is a good thing that they are leaving. Bella seems to be a problem for us." Rosalie sneered. "I don't want anything to happen; I don't want to have to move."

Jasper sent waves of calm to me and I smiled at him gratefully.

"Rosalie, you just chided Emmett to leave Bella alone and you are already trying to get rid of her? What if she is Edward's mate? Then what? Would you have her run off and find someone else? What if you hadn't gotten to Emmett in time? What if he passed away as you were running him home to us to help you? You should be ashamed of yourself." Alice said.

Rosalie, suddenly feeling remorseful, apologized, "I am sorry, Edward. She is just a little girl and I can see her tearing this family apart. I just don't want that to happen."

"I understand. I do not want anything bad to happen to the family either." I said; with a plan forming in my mind.

"Well, since Alice now sees the future differently I think it is best we leave the area and relocate somewhere else. Let's head back home to your mom and discuss this further." Carlisle said.

Everyone nodded and ran back home. I turned back to the direction of Forks and sighed. Alice stayed behind and wrapped her arms around me. Looking up, she said, "You will be in her life I have seen it Edward. I just don't think it's a good idea if you see what happens though."

Nodding to Alice and hugging her back, "Thanks for being there little sister!"

We ran home and Esme met us half way. Alice had texted her to let her know we were on our way home and where she could meet us.

Esme ran into Carlisle's arms sobbing. He held her tenderly in his arms. I had to look away. I wanted someone desperately to hold like that. And as quickly as the emotion rose within me I quickly shoved it away. No reason Jasper should get a hit and pass it around. Everyone would know it was from. Me. They would tell me to stop brooding that "she" was out there and I just had to wait.

What they didn't know, what Alice and Jasper guessed was that "she" was out there and right now she was a little girl. I was going to have to wait until she was older to make myself known to her. I would give her the choice of having me or someone else to be in her life as her lover.

I reached a resolution, in an effort to make up for the what pain and problems I caused this night to my family and Bella's family. I would live in the shadows looking out for Bella. I would protect her from immediate harm. Until such as a time as I could introduce myself to her, as a gentleman, possibly as a friend...and hopefully as a lover.

The family paired off to go hunting. Rosalie and Emmett went north toward Canada. Alice and Jasper went south. Carlisle, Esme and I went east. I expected to be yelled at by my parents, since everyone else had left.

Esme stopped me as we were a few miles from the others. "Edward, what were you thinking? You scared me out of my mind. I just saw you leave and everyone else followed."

"I am truly sorry, Esme. I did not mean to worry you or anyone else. I just had to see for myself what she was like." I told her hanging my head.

"What is she like" asked Esme.

"She is so small and cute. She is only about three years old. So I will have to wait a few years before I can approach her." I said smiling.

"Oh, Edward," Esme said hugging me. "I always knew this day would come. I thought she would be a little older, but I always hoped for the best for you. You are my oldest son and I love you so much!"

"What do you mean? She is not my mate. I did not feel anything for her." I told Esme.

"Oh please, Edward. I know these things. Just you wait one day...You will see and smack in front of your face she will be." Turning to Carlisle, she reached for his hand and they ran off to go hunt.

I knew the feral emotions in mated pairs and I did not want to see that. So I went west to go hunting on my own. So I could let them all hunt in peace.

Later that night we all met up at home. Knowing that I had to keep my decisions to myself to avoid Alice's interference; I kept changing my mind on what shoes to wear.

After a few days, Alice walked up to me, pointing her finger in my face, "I don't care what shoes you wear. Just pick a pair. I get it. I will stop looking into your future for the time being. UGH!"

Smug that she would not "see" my decisions I walked out of the room, out the house, and into the night. Heading for Bella and hopefully for our future as I clutched her picture in my hand.

APOV

We all went hunting and left separately as always. Edward went with Carlisle and Esme to the East. Jasper and I went to the South. Edward didn't know that I knew what he was going to do and I was going to let him. I say let and I do mean let him. I could see that it was going to be best for our family. Although, it would cause some heartache and pain in the meantime-it would bring Bella and Edward back to us.

I could see Edward living as a homeless person in the same city as Bella. What I couldn't see was how he was going to be living. How he would be surviving. I could see us in the same city, also, we just had to keep tabs on Bella as she grew up. Eventually, we would find ourselves in the same city as Edward and Bella and be a family again. I would miss my brother, and the gap in the family would be huge until he was back.

Part of me thinks I should tell him that if he hadn't gone to see Bella; Renee would not have gone back to Charlie and stayed. Strange, I know, to think that not having Edward decide to go see Bella and Renee see the Forks City limit sign would not cause them to stay. I don't know what this combination did, but Renee could not leave Charlie. So indirectly, Edward was responsible for keeping her parents together, but I don't think that I will tell him that. I will tell Bell though, and let her decide if she wants to tell Edward or not.

I never told anyone this, but I think that Bella knew we were in the forest around her house tonight. I had a vision of her waving in the direction we were standing in the forest. She waved and her mom asked her who she was waving at. She just said my friends and they went inside. If anyone else saw, they never mentioned it to anyone; which is sad, maybe Edward would have stuck around knowing she had already started to accept us and him.

A couple of days later:

I kept getting bombarded with images of shoes. So many shoes. Normally, I would rejoice at the thought of so many shoes, but these were manly shoes. Ugh, Edward's shoes. He doesn't have the best taste in shoes. I am so not looking there for a while. So I went up to Edward and told him that he could stop flickering in between shoes; that I would stop looking. And according to my visions, he left as planned, and no one was happy about it when they found out. Especially, when they realized I couldn't see him. He was blocking me on purpose.

I would just have to keep an eye on Bella and indirectly Edward.

BPOV (Three years old):

I am not sure why mommy and daddy are crying, but it is making me sad. Mommy said we are leaving, but I don't want to leave my daddy. I love my, daddy.

Mommy packed my clothes when daddy was at work. She put them in a big box and put them in her car. She put other boxes and things in it too.

I saw her sitting our table drawing, like she lets me when she makes dinner for daddy. He hasn't been home much lately, and I miss him.

Mommy was waiting for daddy to get home. She picked me up and walked out the front door when daddy got home from work.

Mommy told daddy we were leaving and not coming back. I know I am small, but I don't want to leave my daddy. I told my mommy, "NO! I want my daddy. I don't want to leave."

"Isabella, we can go to the beach and play in the warm sand and sun. No more rain and no more clouds." my mommy said.

Crossing my arms, I said, "No." again.

Not giving me a choice my mommy put me in her car and buckled me in. My daddy started to cry and asked my mommy to let me hug and kiss him bye.

Mommy relented and unbuckled me. I had misunderstood this. I thought we were staying and I ran past my daddy to the house. "Can I have the cheese and chells, mommy? I hungy."

Daddy picked me up and took me back outside. He hugged me and kissed me many times. His cheeks were wet with tears. I took his cheeks in my hands. "No cry daddy. Mommy and me are staying." I kissed him as only I could. Slobbery and loudly. He held me tighter and cried more.

Eventually he gave me back to Mommy and said he would see me soon. Thinking that we were only going for a ride, I said ok daddy and hugged him again.

Soon I was buckled up and we were heading out of Forks. Mommy had to decide to turn left or turn right. I heard mommy say she wanted to leave Forks with the town welcoming her backside. Mommies are weird. How could a town welcome her backside.

Mommy turned left so Forks could welcome her backside. I asked mommy when we were going ot see daddy again. She said soon baby, soon. Being tired, I soon fell asleep.

Mommy drove for a little while when I felt the car stop and suddenly turn around. I know this because it woke me up. I saw the welcome to Forks sign. I knew which one it was because it had a fork on it and I could read a little. Mommy had been helping me with my abc's.

Excited about where we were going I sat up and tried to look out the window better. Yeah! I clapped my hands we were heading home to see daddy!

As we got closer, I started to feel strange and I wasn't sure what it meant. I didn't have to potty. I was a big girl and I knew when I had to go potty. My tummy just felt weird. Like when daddy throws me in the air and catches me. My tummy feels fluttery.

Mommy is crying and I tell her it is ok. We are going home to see daddy. He will be happy to see us. Mommy looked at me in the mirror and silently wondered how I know we are going home.

I tell her silly mommy. We are on the road that leads to daddy and home.

She tells me I am right and so smart. She tells me she loves me and we will be home soon.

Mommy pulls into the drive way and my stomach really starts to get fluttery. Like alot of butterflies are in my tummy wanting out. I don't know why, but it feels strangely nice.

Mommy unbuckles me and we head to the house. I am waiting for mommy to get the door open. I had a feeling like I was being watched, but it wasn't a scary watch. It was like being watched by friends. So I waved and said hi to the forest near our house.

Mommy got the door open so she told me to go inside and the fluttery feeling was back. I saw a man with strange hair in my house. Mommy pushed me behind her and she pulled out the gun daddy gave her. As soon as I saw the man his eyes went dark. They were kinda scary.

She told the man to put our picture down and to turn around. He slowly turned around and then someone asked for sugar. Why? Was he going to make cookies? I want a cookie.

Mommy told the man to stay still and not move. I wanted to know the man with the funny hair so I started to walk to him. Then I screamed. The picture exploded and mommy shot the gun.

The man ran past me really fast. I know it was him because my tummy felt like all the butterflies were going to go out of me and then they were gone. Mommy shot the gun and daddy came running down the stairs with wet tears.

He wanted to know happened. Mommy told him about the man who was there and how the picture got broken. I just know that it all happened really fast and I was picked up by daddy and he was hugging mommy and me.

Mommy said we were staying. That the Forks' sign told her to stay. I know it was really the man with the funny hair. I waved and said by to him and my friends. Mommy and daddy were too busy to notice. They were kissing again. EWWW.

(at age 12) As time progressed and I grew up, I had that fluttery feeling in my stomach from time to time, but I have never figured out what caused it. Mostly, I had it around my home, town, and school; but never in La Push, when I went to visit my friend Jacob. I haven't figured out why yet, but I will.

Asking my mom what it could mean was hopeless. She had no clue. She just said maybe it was a boy, but there were never any boys in my home, except my father. And that's just gross. He's my dad. I would mention this and she would just say it's probably gas. Since I am not really a gassy person-I would just nod and go read my books.

I don't know, but I will figure this out. I promised myself.

EPOV

****Over the years, I learned how to keep Alice out of my future to a point, and she learned how to work around me. I learned this the hard way. If I kept an eye on Bella, she knew that all she had to do was keep and eye on Bella and therefore indirectly keeping an eye on me. Even though she would never be able to "see" me; she could still "see" me.

This constantly trying to keep Alice out of my future was exhausting, but at least I was able to multitask. **** not sure if i will use this or not. it doesnt flow at the moment.

Bella is now 12 and she is turning into a very pretty young lady. On occasion, I have wished that I was a human boy so that I could move in next to her and become her boyfriend. That we could have our first kiss together, first hand holding, and maybe first dance. But, instead I am a vampire who hangs around her house hoping for a glimpse that she will realize that I am here. Not as a bodyguard, but as a possible friend. Right now, I would settle for creepy older guy who gives her candy. At least I would be able to see her in a normal setting from time to time. The ability to pass through her life and just see her in her normal life.

I think that today I will just "happen" to walk by her house and call out hello to her. Like I belong in the neighborhood and in the town. Hopefully, Alice will not see me and make a big deal about where I have been.

(Later that year as Bella is actually turned 13 a few days prior. )

I am not sure, but I think that Bella realizes that I am near her at times. I overheard a conversation she had with her mom about a funny feeling she gets sometimes. All those times she has mentioned, I have been around her and her family. Whether it be around town, in her school, or on a overcast vacation. I have tried to keep an eye on her and try to keep an eye out for blonde male vampires. So far my luck and Bella's has held up. No vampires of any kind have been around Forks or in the greater area.

My mind reading ability has grown to the point that I can now hear people about 500 miles away. Which is quite frustrating actually. I have too many voices and thoughts in my brain. The only relief I have found do far is being around Bella or her family. They are able to help me keep the roar down. I do not know if it is just Bella herself or the fact that she is my mate that helps me; but it helps. Maybe it is the physical combination of her parents that is just her. If I could sleep, it would be around her and her house. I spend most of my time outside her house sitting in the tree out her window.

BPOV

Last month was my thirteenth birthday and if I have another party it will be too soon. I spent all day in La Push and I just wanted to be home. I don't know why, but when I am in my room reading in my window seat I just feel better. Like I'm whole. I can't explain it and I'm not sure I want to. But I feel more myself there.

Although, at times other places, I feel that same, it is mostly at home when I am in my room. I asked my mom again what she thinks it could be. She just told me that it's gas and handed me another box of beano. Mumbling, "Thanks." I just went upstairs and opened the window and got ready for bed.

EPOV

Ever since Bella was tall enough to reach the latch on her window she has left it open. I use this time to just sit on my favorite branch that over looks her room. It helps me to become accustomed to her scent and blood. I seldom have the bloodlust that I had when she was three. Stealing into her house when no one was home has helped me to overcome my initial reaction. It took me three years to just be able to go within 4 miles of her school and six years of her house if I knew she was there. Let's not mention when she would walk around town when I wasn't sure where she was. I usually kept a fifty mile radius on those days. I knew that I could stay away then and it would be fine.

You must login (register a new account) to review.