- Text Size +

"This concert is amazing!" I yelled as I raised my hands! I was at a Lindsey Stirling concert, and I was basically kissing her feet!

While I was screaming at the top of my lungs due to being a huge Lindsey Stirling fan, I started to feel something. The world started to quiet up, and I started to fell dizzy...

I woke up to face reality.

Crap...

But I knew it was a special day, so I wasn't going to ruin a single second just sleeping. The days are special to me.

I got up from the warm spot on my bed, and stretched. I was also super excited because this was the first day of summer! Finally! Wood Creek high school has closed its doors, and it's for the best.

I headed downstairs to see my mother sitting on the couch, watching TV. She was watching Doctor Phil. She was wearing her usual PJs that had hearts on them, and a white T-shirt.

Vanessa Dixon is a young, independent worker who has a hobby for programming. I mean, she is a programming expert.

She looks like me, a lot...

I mean, her blonde hair, her green eyes, and the slightly wrinkled parts under her eyes...I have all that...

"Good morning, Selena!" Mom greeted. "Ready for summer?"

"Yup," I replied.

"Now, do you want breakfast?" she asked, turned off the TV, and got up. She's sort of a tall woman.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked as I follow her to the kitchen like a loyal dog following a new owner.

"I think we'll have waffles, and bacon," Mom replied and entered the kitchen. YAY!

When we entered, we were faced with Grandma cooking something. There goes that...

Even though we have enough room to have her, and grandma has enough money to live on her own, she can't. Well, it's not that she can't, it's that she WON'T! I mean, she never leaves the house, and when she does, it's with us.

We're stuck with her...in the good way...

It's weird...

It's like she's protecting mom...

      "Ma? What are you doing?" Mom asked. Grandma looked like she was from the walking dead.

Not a good look.

She turned around to show her face covered in moisturizing cream, and answered, "I'm making all of you some breakfast."

"What type?" I asked, crossing my arms, doubting that this will be anything worthwhile.

"A British breakfast. I know how much you guys LOVE black pudding, so I made it," she replied. I knew this was going to be bad

She then walked slowly to the fridge to get out the black pudding. If you don't know already, black pudding is mainly frying pig fat. Did I say how disgusting it is? "Mom, you know how much we hate it." Mom said

"I thought you guys loved it."

"No!" I snapped.

"Well, I will just eat it. I am the only one who likes it," She replied. "Why don't you help me make this breakfast."

We walked over to the front counter, so Mom and I could help Grandma Jessie with the waffles.

While we were making the breakfast, I heard someone enter the kitchen. I turned around, and saw Mason. Mason is like the best OCD brother in the world. He is nice, understanding, and he wants to be like his big sister. I take pride in the way he looks up to me.

Yeah.  He really doesn't...

Mason walked into the kitchen, grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and struggled to get it open.

"'Havin a little trouble there?" I teased my younger brother.

"Shut up and open this!" he demanded.

I grabbed the water bottle from his tired hand, snapped it open, took a big gulp, and handed it back to him.

"Hey Selena, after breakfast, want to go to the mall?" Mom asked. "I need to go to the apple store and get an OS X reinstall USB for my computer."

"Sure!"

"First, we need to finish whatever your grandmother is making."

* * *

We had finally finished breakfast; now, my mother and I are getting in the car. "Want the radio on?"

"Sure," I replied as I turned it on 92.2.

I normally love listening to music in the car, but this time was off putting. While the radio was playing, the music shut off, at least to me. It wasn't an emergency broadcast or anything of the sorts. The new voice wasn't recognizable.

"Solvah regema. Sete Aebo." is what came out instead of some Christian song.

"What's this song?" I asked.

"Oh come on, you know this song. It's called ‘Your grace is enough.'" Mom replied.

"No. I hear someone talking,"

"Selena. There isn't anyone talking." My mom's gaze leaves the road and matches my worried eyes.

I play it off like I was just hearing things. "Sorry Mom. Must've not got enough sleep." I turn off the radio to avoid the gibberish I can't understand.

We arrived in our parking space a while later, and by the time we got out of the car and into the mall, the place was crowded! I could tell this was going to be bad.

"Where are you going to be?" Mom asked. "I will be at CATO."

"I will be at JCPennies," I replied. "I have my phone on me."

"OK. See 'ya," She replied, and I walked out. There were many places I could have visited, but I had made up my mind with JCPennies.

When I arrived in the store, I walked up to the beauty section and looked at the clothes. There was a lot to choose from and it felt great to be shopping there. I haven't been at a mall for the longest time because of school, and it felt good.

While I was looking, I turned around and noticed two men with aqua robes on, and a pocket-like holder for some stick-like-wand they had in there. Their heads were covered by a hood with the words, ‘Tumspuv Genimis vehum buhuc 1286' on it.

What the hell?

 Why were they in the girls section?

 I walked up to them, and asked, "Hey, you do know you're in the girls section."

Hey, just trying to help...

One of them looked at me and took off his hood. He had a surprised look on his face, and  his eyes opened wide. He looked at me as if I was the chosen one of some insane story.

He looked at his partner, and said something to him that sounded like Arabic. Or maybe it was German...

I don't know...

But, it sounded like word for word from the radio!

His partner then looked at me, and said, "Selena Dixon, come with us!"

Something was weird there. These two men asking me to come with them. I knew exactly what to do, but it was too late. One man grabbed my arm and the other swiped my left leg off of the ground. Their grasp on me was really rough as I was lifted off of the ground.

"Let me go! Help me!" I screamed, but the other man covered my mouth with his dirty palm. As they dragged me away, I tried my best to make a scene, but nobody saw us. It was like we were invisible! I was doomed, but reflexively, words I didn't know came out of my mouth. "Expana!"

Everyone in the area around us then saw us. "Hey! Help her! What are you doing? Let her go!"

"Run!" The man holding my wrists said to the other as they dropped me. They split up and ran for their lives. One woman decided to chase after them, but they escaped.

"Are you okay?" One man asked as he helped me up.

"Yeah." I hugged myself. I have no idea what their intentions were, but they knew my name. I don't want to know what else they knew.

"Where is your mother?" He asked, keeping eye contact with me, trying to comfort me.

"She is in CATO while I'm here," I replied.

"I would run to her." His compassionate eyes leave mine. He doesn't make eye contact anymore.

"What if they get me again? Can you walk me there?"

"Try and avoid them. It's not my business. "

Even if his attitude completely switched, he was right, I had to get out of here! I ran out of JCPennies, and ran all the way to CATO where I met up with my mother.

"What's wrong?!" my mom asked once she saw my worried expression.

"I almost got kidnapped!" I replied, out of breath. "Two men wearing robes with weird words written on the hood! They grabbed me and-".

"Selena?" My mom interrupts me, "Do you mean them?" As she points towards the men behind me, her expression is probably mimicking mine.

"We need you," they said as they grabbed my arm.

Mom pulled her pepper spray from her purse as fast as they grabbed me, and sprayed it in their eyes. "Don't you touch my daughter!"

"Numol shall know!" The non-injured man said as he grabbed his pepper-sprayed friend and ran away again.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"C'mon! We have to get out of here!" Mom said. She dropped the stuff she was going to buy and hurried me out of the store.

Guess this is why you stick to your parents when in public. 

You must login (register a new account) to review.