- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

Lucas thinks things are looking well, but he was wrong when something bad happens. Wanna guess who’s involved?

Lucas’s POV

A month has passed since I’ve been living with the Cullens and I could not be any happier in my life. I love them and I’ve never been this close to them. Alice and I did a lot of shopping; well she did the buying and all while I gave the opinions and stuff. I showed Jasper more of my martial arts. He’s really getting the hang of it. I got Rosalie, who happily agrees; involved with a couple of pranks I’ve pulled on Emmett. I’m sure that will teach him a lesson. He is amused but he’s not backing down without a fight. Esme, you can tell she’s everything I want in a mother; loving and caring. I gave Carlisle some assistance at his work since I’ve became immune to human blood which surprises everyone to see how someone was able to do it so fast. Let’s just say it involves motivation. Edward and I bonded pretty well over music since we along with Nessie, are so skilled at it. Edward even told me to keep an eye on Nessie and Jacob and give him a full report. You know Edward, just being a dad and I don’t blame him. Speaking of Nessie, I treated her like how I treated Lilly. I may be an uncle to her but I’ll always be treating Nessie like a little sister. Bella was visiting her dad Charlie so she invited me along to meet him. You wouldn’t believe what happened back there.

Flashback

Bella and I were in Edward’s Volvo driving to visit her dad. I heard he is chief of police and he’s now married to Seth and Leah’s mom, Sue. He doesn’t know about us being vampires but he is aware about Nessie and knows about what world he lives in. I wasn’t nervous about meeting him. See my dad was the chief of police back in Lacey so I have no problem with police officers. We parked in front of Charlie’s house and got out of the car.

“You sure you’re not nervous?” Bella asked as we approached the door and rang the doorbell.

“Come on Bella, I’ve met many officers and they don’t intimidate me. So why should your dad be any different?” I asked rolling my eyes.

Bella shrugged. “Just checking. Most boys would freak out when they meet my dad.”

The door opened and a woman with short black hair severe style who must be Sue appeared behind it.

“Bella, so good to see you and you must be Lucas.” She said smiling.

“That would be me.” I said as Bella and I walked inside.

“Bella!” I heard a deep yet familiar voice called and a man with curly brown hair and a mustache appeared.

“Hey dad.” Bella said as she walked up and hugged her dad.

He hugged her too and then looked me in surprised.

“Lucas?!”

“Chief Swan!”

“You two know each other?” Bella asked looking surprised.

“Yeah, his dad and I are best friends when we were young. He used to work with me before he moved to Lacey with his family.” Charlie explained.

“You never told me he was your dad.” I said to Bella.

“You never told me you knew him.” Bella said.

“Well I’ve heard about you from him but I never met you.” I said. “Hey Chief Swan, BANG!”

“Oh you got me again.” Charlie said pretending that he got shot from my hand in a pretend gun form. We both laughed, I always mess with him when I was young.

We’ve spent the next few hours spending with Charlie as Bella told him how his granddaughter’s been doing as well as the family. Like Edward, he’s making sure that Jacob is treating Nessie well. I told Charlie how my family was when we moved to Lacey. He was very sad to hear that his best friend died but I was able to cheer him up like I did back when he misses Bella long time ago. Other than that, the trip was very great.

End of Flashback

 Yeah, so that was unexpected. You can say that since our dads are best friends, you would call me and Bella cousins.

Anyway, I really got along with Jacob and his pack. I still can’t over Collin. Jacob, Quil, Embry and I finished the Toyota. If you’re wondering how the test drive went, let’s just say it was insanely awesome. We found another car to work on, a Lexus. It’s old but I know what we can do to make it better. I was able to get a new engine, time belt and water pump at a good price and it will come soon. Can’t wait to see how this car turns out.

I was also able to get in control my new powers. I can turn my aura on and off at will, I can see other peoples’ aura and determine their emotions, detect if people are lying and got the hang of the aura spheres. Yes, that’s what I called it.

So yeah, I’m really happy with my new life, new family and new friends. I was sad though that I haven’t seen my friends from Lacey since graduation. They were sorry about my loss and tried to comfort me but I pushed them away. Now I felt bad for how I treated them. I want to see them one more time to apologize for my behavior. Maybe someday I will, very soon but for now, I am happy for what I got now.

Renesmee’s POV

Lucas is enjoying himself with my family and they feel the same way. Nothing can ruin this huge moment for us and nothing will. Today was just the usual; mom and dad were spending time together at their meadow, Aunt Alice, Aunt Rosalie and grandma went shopping, grandpa was at work and Uncle Emmett went with Uncle Jasper to buy him the new car he owes him a month ago. I still can’t believe Lucas was able to take Emmett out so easily when he was human. It’s still funny to not to think about it. Speaking of Lucas, he and I are the only ones in the main house.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I heard Lucas coming downstairs. He looks excited when he came down.

“What’s up Lucas?” I asked.

“The parts I ordered for the new car just came and Jacob and the others want me over at the shop now.” He explained. I was glad Jacob understood about the kiss and that he’s no longer mad at him but I got to admit that it was pretty funny and cute how Jake got all jealous.

“That’s cool.” I said.

“You want to come?” Lucas asked.

“No it’s okay, you go ahead.” I said. He seems uncertain about it. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

Lucas sighed. “Okay but if something happens to you, your dad will kill me.”

I laughed. “Sure, sure.” And Lucas left afterwards.

Two hours have passed as I turned off the TV. I looked at the clock and it was one o’clock. Maybe I should go to Jacob. I thought. I opened the door and got out when suddenly,

“We were wondering when you will come out.”

Before I could do anything, there was total blackness surrounding me and next thing I knew I was out like a light.

Chapter End Notes:

This is where it gets serious. Please Review. :)

You must login (register a new account) to review.