- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

Who were these people that tried to attack the Cullens? Are they responsible for Nessie’s disappearance?

Bella’s POV

We are standing outside the main house. The intruders that tried to attack us are still unconscious but are regaining themselves as the cracks are disappearing slowly on their faces as they are all tied together to a tree. We’re waiting for them to wake up so that we can get some answers. I’m getting impatient. If these people took my baby I swear they are gonna regret it. They better have a good reason for doing so, either way they do not wanna see me angry.

Carlisle was in front of us facing the two vampires that were outside with Edward and Lucas by his side. Jacob, who’s still in his wolf form, was standing next to Lucas. Once the cracks on their faces were gone, the vampires started to wake up. As they did, they started to struggle and escape but it was useless.

“Don’t even bother trying to escape.” Lucas said to them. “Jasper and I made those ropes even impossible for vampires to break.”

That seem to make them stop as the boy look kind of scared and the girl was glaring at us.

“Okay we have questions and we want answers.” Carlisle said with his arms crossed and a stern look on his face. “Who are you guys? Why did you attack us? And what have you done with Renesmee?”

“Like we’re gonna tell you.” The girl said with a sneer.

“Y-Yeah, we’re not telling you anything.” The boy said trying to sound confident but was mostly nervous and I don’t think it was Jasper’s doing.

What a stubborn bunch. And Edward called me stubborn. Jacob was growling at them. Edward was staring at them but it seems like he’s unable to read their minds. Now how are we gonna find Nessie if they won’t tell us? Lucas then step forward until he was face to face with the two vampires. He held out his hand and an aura sphere emerged as he held right to their faces.

“You wanna repeat what you said? I already took out your little soldiers when they were invisible. So unless you want a taste of my aura sphere like one of your friends, you’re going to answer our questions and don’t even think about lying to us. I’ll tell if you’re lying” Lucas said with a glare.

“How could you have seen them?” The boy asked Lucas. “My powers were suppose to block every vampire senses and all powers like that guys’ mind reading.”

“How about you answer our questions and we’ll answer yours?” Lucas asked still in the same position with the aura sphere in his hand. The two vampires seem hesitant until they silently agreed. The aura sphere disappeared in Lucas’s hand as he returned to Carlisle’s side.

Man I love Lucas. He knows how to get what he wants. I have to remind myself to have him teach me that so I could get what I want from Edward. I laughed at thought but first things first, finding Nessie.

“Alright let’s try this again,” Carlisle started. “Who are you guys and how did you get to us undetected?”

The girl took a deep breath and started. “My name’s May. I can turn myself and anyone else invisible.”

“I-I-I’m Niall. I turn into smoke when I run very fast.” Niall said nervously. “I can also use the smoke to block any vampire senses and powers.” Well that explains why none of us except Lucas, didn’t see them.

“So how were you able to see our men when they tried to ambush you?” May asked turning to Lucas.

“Yeah Lucas, how were you able to see them?” Edward asked in curiosity as we all turned to him.

“I saw their auras.” Lucas explained. “Seems to me that even though your men were invisible, I can still see them. So no matter what powers you have, nothing can hide your aura. ”

May and Niall look speechless until Carlisle spoke. “Why did you attack us?”

“You expect us to give you that answer?” May asked.

Lucas stepped forward again and raised his hand to Niall’s face as an aura sphere emerged again. Lucas looks like he’s about to release it at Niall until he panicked and said,

“We were told to destroy you guys once we’ve kidnapped Renesmee.” Niall said very fast.

“You idiot!” May angrily said to him.

“Who sent you? And where is my daughter?” Edward asked as I heard him growl. Lucas’s aura sphere grew bigger in front Niall.

“We were brought in by the Volturi along with our sister Olivia. They ordered us to kidnap your daughter. She’s in Volterra where they will make her join their coven.” Niall spoke very fast again.

“You’re unbelievable, you know that?” May said to her brother in disbelief.

“So it looks like we were right about the Volturi.” Carlisle said as Lucas’s aura sphere disappeared in his hand. I should’ve know, I mean who else send Volturi guards in black robes, wants my daughter and take us out of the picture? I can’t believe how stupid we were for not seeing the obvious.

“Okay we answered your questions. So are you gonna let us go now?” May asked as Niall looked at us looking hopeful.

“Who said we were gonna let you go?” Lucas asked as he stepped away from them and Edward stepped forward and pulled out a lighter. Did they really think we were gonna let them crawl back to Aro and his little family, after what they did including now? Once Edward flicked the lighter on, he tossed it at the tree which burst into flames spreading down at May, Niall and five others that are still tied to it. The fire soon disappeared, along with the vampires. Jacob ran into woods and returned in his human form.

“So what now?” I asked.

“What does it look like? Let’s go rescue Nessie and kick some Volturi ass!” Emmett said.

Chapter End Notes:

Will they rescue Nessie in time? What will happen to Lucas when the Volturi meet him?

You must login (register a new account) to review.