- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

Lucas, Jacob and the Cullens are on a rescue mission. Will they be too late? What will happen to Lucas when the Volturi meet him?

Edward’s POV

My family, Jacob and I took the flight to Volterra where we are on a rescue mission to save my daughter from the Volturi. Why is it that whenever something happens to my family, it involves the Volturi? Why can’t they leave us alone? And why Renesmee, why her, why my daughter? If something happens to her I swear they are far from dead. Don’t worry Renesmee I’m coming for you and no one, not even the Volturi, are gonna stop me from saving you.

Our plane landed in Italy. Once we got out of the airport, Carlisle rented two passenger vans. I got in with Bella, Esme Jacob and Lucas with Carlisle taking the wheel and Jasper drove the others in the second. After two hours of driving, we arrived at the front doors. I’m surprised that there are no guards up front. From what I’m hearing in their minds on the other side, they’re thinking about celebrating assuming that we’re dead causing me to smirk. They’re in for a surprise alright. Emmett and Jacob pushed the doors opened with a bang and we marched in. Our entrance really made a surprise based on their shock faces.

“T-The Cullens. W-What a pleasant surprise.” Aro said with his eyes widened.

“Cut the act Aro. We know you sent your guards to destroy us and took Renesmee.” Carlisle snapped.

“How could you have survived? They should have taken you out undetected.” Caius said.

“And who is the young man with you?” Aro asked pointing to Lucas who is already angry at the sight of the Volturi.

“This is Lucas and it’s because of him we’re alive.” Jacob said.

“I would say ‘Nice to meet you’ but what’s so nice about you kidnapping Nessie?!” Lucas said angrily.

Aro raised an eyebrow. “Kidnapping? We don’t know what you’re talking about. Young Renesmee simply came to us and asked to join our coven.” He sounded confident. I look into their minds and to my confusion, he’s telling the truth.

“That’s bullshit!” Emmett yelled.

“You are calling us liars?” Marcus asked.

I looked at Lucas as he looked at me with his aura off.

“Edward this doesn’t make sense. They’re telling the truth. Their auras said so.” He thought.

That may be but that doesn’t explain why those two siblings admitted to kidnapping.

“Perhaps we should let our newest member tell them.” Jane said.

“Yes, Olivia would you kindly bring Renesmee here.” Aro said with a smile. The girl with black hair who I never saw before, Olivia who must be those two vampire’s sister, exit the room. She kept me from reading her mind and I don’t like it one bit. Olivia returned accompanied with another person. We were shocked to see who it was.

It was my daughter.

This can’t be Renesmee. She would never wear a dark cloak and wear the Volturi crest and yet here she is.

“What did you do to my daughter?!” Bella yelled in disbelief.

“We did nothing.” Aro said calmly. “As we’ve said before, Renesmee came to us and ask to become a part of our coven.”

“It’s true.” We turned to see it was Nessie speaking. She didn’t sound like herself, like she has no emotion at all. “I’ve wanted to be a part of their coven for a long time.”

My whole family was speechless. Her words hit me like my world was falling apart. What is she talking about? She never wanted to be with those people. I know that because back home, I read her mind. Yet she’s telling the truth. This doesn’t make sense.

“Nessie, what are you talking about?” Jacob asked and he sounded hurt. “You never wanted this. Why would you join with people like them, people that almost wanted to kill you?”

“Why stay with you when I have everything I ever wanted here with them?” Nessie asked. What have these people done to my daughter?! I thought as I was fighting back my growls.

“Edward,” I heard Lucas called. I stayed where I was as he spoke in my head. “Look at Renesmee.”

I looked very closely at Nessie who is next to Olivia, and noticed that her eyes weren’t gold and not red either, thank god, but grey. Her eyes looks like she’s lost in her thoughts like she’s in a deep trance.

“That Olivia must have done something to her. I think Nessie has been hypnotized. She also must have planted some false image in their heads to make it look like they’re being honest. That’s why they sounded like they’re telling the truth.” Lucas said to me.

If that’s what’s causing Nessie to act like this, then we have to break the trance but how?

“What do we do?” I asked him.

“Leave it to me. When I give the signal, grabbed Nessie.” And Lucas turned his aura back on.

“It seems like young Renesmee has made her choice.” Aro said smiling. “If you still want to be with her, you’re more than welcome to join our coven.”

Jacob and my family look like they are losing a lost battle. Then, Lucas slowly started walking up to Aro.

“Lucas –”

I grabbed Bella. She lowers her shield as I told everyone.

“Lucas has a plan, trust him.”

We all watch nervously as Lucas came face to face with Aro.

“Ah young Lucas. What a pleasant having you to join our family.” Aro smiled with delight. Lucas remained silent. Be careful Lucas. I thought.

“I would like to get to know you.” Aro said eagerly as he motioned Lucas to hold out his hand. Good luck persuading Lucas to turn off his aura for you to read his mind Aro.

Lucas slowly held his left hand. As Aro was about to make contact with Lucas, using his right hand, Lucas swatted Aro’s hand causing Aro to spin. Lucas then turned to his right and shot an aura sphere at Olivia so fast that they didn’t see it coming. The aura sphere sent Olivia flying when it hit her. The hit must have cause Olivia to lose her focus because Renesmee started to collapsed. That was my signal as I ran super fast and grabbed Nessie and me and Lucas ran back to our family. I saw that Olivia was sent flying into a wall. A torch underneath her fell on top of her and she disappeared in the flames. I was on my knees holding Nessie as my family watched anxiously for her to wake up. That’s when I heard her mind.

“Ow.”

“She’s waking up” I said to everyone’s relief. Nessie stirred as she slowly opened her eyes. “Nessie.”

“D-Daddy? Is that you?” She slowly asked.

“It is Nessie. I’m so glad you’re okay.” I said as I hugged her tightly. I’ve never been so glad to have my daughter back in my arms. My family and Jacob were happy to see Nessie in good spirits.

“Nessie!” Bella cried as she took Nessie out of my arms and hugged her.

“Mom? Jacob? Lucas? Everybody? I-I thought they got rid of you guys.” Nessie said as she started to regain conscious and look at us in surprise and confusion.

“Guess they were never aware of Lucas.” Jacob said as he hugged Nessie.

“You didn’t think those idiots could take us out that easily did you?” Lucas smiled.

“Well yes.” Nessie said looking sheepish. I laughed, that’s my Nessie.

We all stood up to face the Volturi who were all shocked.

“We’re taking Renesmee back home where she belongs.” Carlisle stated. “So we will be leaving now.”

There was silence from them until Aro said, “I’m afraid we cannot allow that. If we can’t have Renesmee, neither can you.” I tensed up as I read their minds.

“Everyone, MOVE!”

I grabbed Bella’s hand as we all turned around to make a run for it but the door behind us is blocked by dozens of their guards. I turned around just in time as one of the guards came at me and I took him out. A fight soon broke off as my family fought against the Volturi guards and Jacob phased in his wolf form. We may have been outnumbered, but they were outmatched. Thanks to Lucas, our fighting skills were helping us put on a good fight.

Just when we had the edge, the place went dark from black smoke where I was unable to see a thing and I lost every feeling in my body. The smoke soon disappeared and I noticed that I am restrained by one of the guards. I looked around and noticed that Bella and the rest of my family are restrained as well each with a guard. It took six guards to hold Jacob in his wolf form. I saw all the black smoke returning to Alec’s hands.

I don’t get it. How come I didn’t anticipate that? Why didn’t Alice saw that coming? How come Alec’s gift actually affected Bella when she’s immune to it? I noticed that Lucas is the only one who isn’t held by the guards. He must have used his aura on still to protect himself and took out the guards that tried to grab him. Lucas looked around and saw us being held hostage and knows that he’s outnumbered. I can tell that he’s struggling at what to do now not wanting to have us harmed.

“Well, well, well, young Lucas. So amazing that you able to fight off our guards. Even more amazing that you were unaffected by Alec’s power.” Aro said looking amazed as he softly clapped his hands. “Your power is quite remarkable especially the way you took out Olivia. Why don’t you join us? We could use someone like you with such an amazing gift.”

“The hell I join your sad excuse of a coven!” Lucas said. “I’ve heard about you guys, not your biggest fan by the way.” I’ll give Lucas credit for having attitude.

“Pity.” Jane said. I noticed that Aro was looking at Lucas very strangely like he’s observing him.

“Quite strange,” Aro said to Lucas. “For some reason you look very familiar.”

Lucas didn’t relax at Aro’s words yet he looked confused. I was curious though at what Aro said. As Aro continues starring at Lucas, I took a peek at Aro’s mind. I gasped at what I saw in horror.

“No, you didn’t!” I said in a mix of shock and anger. Everyone turned their heads to me.

“Edward, what is it?” Bella asked. I looked at Lucas who is looking at me. I was afraid though about how to tell him.

“Lucas, they did it.” I said to him.

“Did what?” Lucas asked slowly.

I struggled to find the words until,

“That night.”

Chapter End Notes:

What happened on that night? There are only three more chapters to go.

You must login (register a new account) to review.