- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

An unpleasant event happened between Lucas and the Volturi. What happens now?

This is on everyone’s POV.

Renesmee’s POV

Lucas threw his arms around me causing me and him to be on our knees. That was too close. I know Aro probably deserves it but I’m glad that Lucas didn’t kill him. Was I hearing things or is Lucas crying? I remember when he called me Lilly. I guess he was hallucinating from his rage and thought of me as his sister. I remember how he always thinks of me as a sister even though he’s my uncle.

“Lucas, it’s okay. I’m here for you. Everything’s alright.” I said to him softly while he continues crying over my shoulders and hugging me tighter.

As Lucas continues his sobbing, grandpa was glaring at Aro who struggled getting up until now.

“It seems we’ve made a… misunderstanding.” Aro said nervously. Are you kidding me?

“Misunderstanding my ass!” Uncle Emmett yelled angrily at him. “Look at what you did.”

Aro look ashamed as my family and Jake who is still in his wolf form, glared angrily at him. The whole room was trashed with many guards unconscious from the fight. The only members standing are Aro, Marcus, Caius, Felix, Demetri, Alec and Jane who were shaken from Lucas’s rage and power.

“Now you see why my family and I never survive on human blood.” Grandpa stated. “It will cause someone to suffer from their loss. You would not only cause destruction to the ones you’ve killed but to also the ones who are closest to them.”

“If you don’t believe it, why don’t you look at Lucas and see for yourself.” Aunt Alice said. She must have had a vision.

Aro did look like he’s not buying to what grandpa said but he didn’t move a muscle.

“We’ll be going home and Renesmee is coming with us and that’s final!” Grandpa stated.

“And you will leave my family, all of them, alone or else you’ll regret it.” Daddy added.

“Then again, you already saw what happened.” Grandpa said.

There was silence until Aro finally said quietly, “Very well.”

Carlisle and I got Lucas to stand up and my family, Jacob and I started walking to the door.

Jasper’s POV

We were all heading to the door, Jacob phased back to his human form with the clothes we brought him. I held Alice very close to me as we were walking. Lucas was walking between Carlisle and Nessie. I noticed that Lucas has spaced out after the event. He was walking like he has no soul even though his soul was already gone. I could feel his emotions flying to me like crazy. He must have turned off his aura without even realizing it. The pain he has suffered and the sadness were too much for me. It’s too for much for my powers to calm him down.

We made it out the door and were in the hallway. We were a few feet away from the door which closed right behind us. That’s when I felt Lucas’s emotion snapped into rage. Oh no. I thought turning to him

“Lucas no!” I yelled but too late, Lucas turned around and ran to the door at pure anger. Luckily Emmett, who was close to Lucas, grabbed him by the shoulders.

“Lucas, calm down man!” Emmett said trying to hold on to Lucas as Lucas was struggling to break free from his grip.

“Let me go. I wanna kill them!” Lucas cried as Edward and Jacob joined in on restraining Lucas but I don’t think it’s enough.

“Lucas, stop this now!” Edward said as Lucas continues fighting to break free.

“Luke, you got to take it easy!” Jacob said.

Nessie ran in front of Lucas trying to push him away from the Volturi.

“Lucas, please stop. It’s alright, it’s over.” She cried.

“No it isn’t! It won’t be over until I kill them!” Lucas yelled. I tried everything in my power to calm him down but he’s making it so difficult. “I have to; I WILL AVENENGE MY FAMILY! I’LL-”

He was cut off as he finally broke free from their grasp and pushed Nessie out of the way only for two steps he took until he started falling.

“LUCAS!”

Carlisle’s POV

“LUCAS!”

I caught him before he fell to the ground. I turned him over and saw that his eyes were closed. Everyone came around Lucas and they were looking very panicking.

“What happened?” Bella asked with a worried look.

I looked at Lucas closely and said, “He just passed out. He must have cried himself unconscious.”

It is strange to see how vampires pass out when they never could. Speaking of crying, we saw tears coming out his eyes. It’s weird; vampires aren’t supposed to produce tears and yet here’s Lucas doing the impossible. Of course, he is distraught from discovering the truth that it caused a lot of pain in him very emotionally. Just seeing him like this pains me. Here I am, wanting to help people and knowing how to make them feel better but Lucas, how can I heal him from the pain he has suffered?

“Emmett, carry Lucas to the car.” Was all I could say.

Emmett’s POV

I carried Lucas on my back as we were walking out of this hellhole. I was way beyond furious at the Volturi.

Of all the things they’ve pulled, this is by far the lowest. As much as I want to rip them apart for ruining my brother’s life, I know better than to lose myself like he did back there. I have never seen this side of him. He was always the calm, cool, and a funny guy. He would never go all violent for revenge.

I feel so sorry for him. I don’t even think my sense of humor will cheer anybody up now. I mean why bother when you’re too depressed to come up with a joke.

Rosalie’s POV

I was walking next to Emmett but it wasn’t him I was looking at. Lucas was unconscious as Emmett was carrying him on his back and Lucas was still crying his tears out but silently.

The poor guy, he had everything in his life; he had a family, great friends, a girlfriend and he was gonna have a bright future. All that were taken away from him and thanks to us, he’ll never get to see his family on the other side because of his immortality. I understand the pain he feels because I’ll never get the experience of moving forward. I hope Lucas isn’t gonna try to kill himself because he should know that we’re his family and we love him so much.

I move closer to Emmett resting my head on his arm as we kept on walking.

Alice’s POV

Only two more minutes until we arrive at the vans. I’m just glad things didn’t turn out ugly. I mean sure there was a huge fight and Lucas was almost on the edge of ripping Aro’s head off. If I haven’t seen Aro’s future, something would’ve turned out horrible for Lucas. I was glad I warned Carlisle to stop him.

Flashback

“You murderers. You’ve, ruined, my LIFE!”

Lucas yelled as he ran at them without even thinking from his rage.

I then saw a vision, a horrible one. Lucas pinned Aro to the wall and a few seconds later, he rips Aro’s head off. Then I saw Lucas wearing a dark expression when he turned around and that’s when my vision ended.

“LUCAS NO!” I cried.

But too late he’s fighting Volturi members left and right and without even a scratch. I was able to break free from the guard’s clutches as did everybody else. As they were fighting, I went and warn Carlisle.

“Carlisle, you have to stop Lucas before –”

Carlisle needed no more as he understood and try to catch up with Lucas.

After we defeated every guard in the room, I look to find, to my relief, Carlisle stopping Lucas who is gripping Aro’s neck very tightly.

Phew. I thought.

“Good save.” Edward said to me.

It was a close call.” I thought to him.

End of flashback

We made it to the vans in exactly two minutes. I opened the door so that Emmett can put Lucas in. He was soon joined by Carlisle, Esme, Edward, Bella, Nessie and Jacob. I sat in other van in the passenger seat with Emmett and Rosalie in the back and Jasper taking the wheel. With that, we are heading home.

Esme’s POV

An hour has passed and we are still on the road. My husband was driving and Jacob’s sitting up front. Bella and Edward were sitting in the back with Nessie who is asleep, in between them. I was sitting in the middle with Lucas, who is sleeping as well, resting his head on my lap. During the whole drive, my eyes were on nowhere but on Lucas. I watched him as he continues to cry his tears out very softly. I try wiping them off of him but they keep on coming so I stopped.

My heart is aching so much from seeing him like this. The poor boy suffered a terrible loss and feels like he’s all alone. Well he’s not alone. I am his mother now and I’ll always love him. I kissed Lucas on the forehead.

To Lucas’s parents, I thought. I promise to take care of your son as if he were my own. You have my word.

Jacob’s POV

So many things just happened back there. First, I got to see Nessie completely in controlled by those bloodsuckers and then I hear that these leeches were the ones responsible for Lucas’s family. Some protector I am. If I’ve known about that night, I would have save Lucas and his family but how should I know? He was in Lacey that time, but I feel like it’s my fault. I’m supposed to protect humans from vampires except the Cullens. I’m just so angry at myself.

“Don’t beat yourself up Jacob. It’s no one’s fault but the Volturi. You would never have known about that so it’s not your fault.”

I sighed. “Sorry Edward.” I thought to him.

I took out my phone and dialed Sam’s number. I left Sam in charge of the pack when I told them about Nessie’s disappearance. I promised I call when we save her.

“Hello?” Sam answered.

“Hey Sam.” I said.

“Jacob. Did you find Nessie?” Sam asked.

“Yeah we found her.”

“Is she okay?” Sam asked.

“She’s okay… but Lucas isn’t.” I said painfully.

“What happened to Lucas? Is he…”

“He’s not dead Sam but I don’t wanna talk about it right now. It’s too painful for me to explain.” I said.

“Okay then. Let me know when you get back.” Sam said.

“I will.” I said as I hung up the phone.

Bella’s POV

Nessie was asleep in my arms very peacefully. I’m just glad to have my daughter back where she belongs. I wish I could say the same for Lucas. After hearing what really happened to his family, he wasn’t himself back there. We all felt like we’ve lost the sweet and loving boy who made an impact on us. I don’t know what Nessie did back there but she was able to bring back the old Lucas in the end.

I saw Edward trying to endure something. He must be reading Lucas’s mind since his aura is off. Judging from his expression, it must be pretty painful to watch as the good memories have been taken away from you.

Oh Lucas. I understand how you feel for your loss but you should know that your family isn’t completely gone, I’m here. Lucas, your dad and mine have been best friends for a long time which makes us cousins, not by blood but you know. So what I’m saying is that I’m here for you, like family.

I then heard Edward gasped and then smiled.

I looked at him and asked, “What is it?”

“He’s thinking about us.”

Edward’s POV

Nessie was sleeping in Bella’s arms as I played with her curls. Tonight was too much for me. I almost lost my daughter but thanks to Lucas’s great thinking, we were able to save her and for that I owe Lucas my life.

Lucas. I was horrified at what I saw from Aro’s mind and then the rage Lucas was in. He was upset and sad from losing the people he’s so close to that he wanted nothing more than to kill the Volturi. I would have felt the same thing if I lost my wife and daughter, they are my world, my life, my everything.

“To Lucas’s parents,” I heard Esme thought. “I promise to take care of your son as if he were my own. You have my word.”

I smiled at Esme’s thoughts. Then I heard Jacob’s and it’s not pretty.

“I can’t believe myself. His family was attacked by those bloodsuckers and I could’ve saved them. What kind of protector am I? I just wanna – ARRRGGGHHHH!”

“Don’t beat yourself up Jacob. It’s no one’s fault but the Volturi. You would never have known about that so it’s not your fault.” I said to him.

Jacob sighed. “Sorry Edward.” He said in his head.

I then heard Lucas’s thoughts. I felt I want to cry from what I’m seeing.

Lucas was a year old and his family was celebrating his first birthday. He may not understand what everyone was saying but he is happy they are here celebrating this moment with him.

It was a sunny day in the park. Lucas is five playing catch with dad. There is never a dull moment when a father spends time with his son.

Lucas was crying holding his knee which is bleeding. His mother came and rubs some alcohol on it and place the band-aid on the spot. When he was still crying, she kissed it and that made him feel better putting a smile on his face.

It was his first day of kindergarten and Lucas was looking very shy. He was then approached by two boys who asked if he likes to play a game with them to which he said yes with a smile.

Lucas was ten and was holding a small bundle in his arms. He was talking to his baby sister; telling her that he loves her and will always be there for her. That’s when I saw Lilly giving her brother a smile.

Lucas is sparing an advanced student in martial arts. His sensei declared that he has received his black belt which made his family proud.

Lucas came home with his dad telling his mom, sister and his friends that he passed his driver’s test.

Lucas was swimming as fast as could to reach the finish line. When he reached the wall, he looked up at the score board and saw that not only he got first place but broke the school record. I could hear his team cheering his victory as he got out of the pool.

Lucas was seen partying with his friends at a white-out party. I saw his expression as he laughed, smiled and went wild as he danced the night away.

All these memories were too much for me to handle. At that moment the whole scene changed and I gasped and then smiled.

“What is it?” Bella asked.

“He’s thinking about us.” I said.

“What’s he thinking about?” Esme asked.

“Everything that has happened to him when he met us.” I explained. “He’s thinking about how much he loves Esme and Carlisle as another mother and father to him, how he and I made great music, how he and Rosalie always pull pranks on Emmett, how he and Alice enjoys shopping, how he and Jacob became best buds, how he cares for Renesmee like a sister, how he taught Jasper those fighting moves and how Bella always gave great advice to him.”

Everyone was touch by those as Esme gave him another kiss on the forehead.

“What else is he thinking?” Bella asked.

“He’s saying how much he loves us. No other words could describe what a great family we all are. That’s what he said.” I answered.

Carlisle pulled over at the airport and the van behind us followed. Lucas, it’s time for you to go home with your family.

Chapter End Notes:

Whose POV did you like best? Last chapter to be posted hopefully tomorrow. Please review. :)

You must login (register a new account) to review.