- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

This is the final chapter. Enjoy.

Renesmee’s POV

“Nessie, would you please calm down?” Uncle Jasper begged.

“How can I calm down when Lucas is gone?!” I asked throwing my arms around.

It has been a week since the incident with the Volturi, a week since Lucas left us. When we got back from Italy, we saw Lucas packing his bag. He had his aura on so my daddy and Aunt Alice couldn’t know what he’s up to. When we asked Lucas where he’s going, he said, “I have to take of something” and he left after that. We tried to convince him to stay but he ignored us and was gone. We haven’t seen him since.

“Ness, please calm down. It’s really not good for you to act like this.” Jake said rubbing my arms. It calmed me down, a little.

“How could he just leave like that, and without even saying goodbye?” I asked as tears started to come out.

“Oh Nessie, maybe he needed sometime alone. After all he went through so much from last week.” Mom said as she came up to me.

“He could have just stay here and lock himself in his room or something. He didn’t have to leave.” I said.

 “Nessie, this is probably something Lucas wants to deal with alone and staying here wouldn’t help him.” Grandpa said. He and grandma were trying to hide their sad faces but they couldn’t hold it.

“You guys couldn’t stop him?” I asked looking at everyone. Why isn’t anyone doing a thing to go after him?

“You think we didn’t try? I got a blast of his aura sphere right in the face when I tried to block the door.” Emmett said his rubbing head.

“Then what did Lucas meant when he said that he had to take care of something? What if he went back to the Volturi to kill them? For all we know, he could be dead!” I was sobbing from what I thought. I could not stand the thought of losing Lucas again.

“No, he wouldn’t do that.” I look to see my dad talking to me. “The night we left the Volturi and he passed out, I read his mind. He was so sad about his loss and wanted nothing more than to kill them. Then he started thinking about us and his expression changed. I think he now sees that he wouldn’t be who he was back then if he destroyed them. It wouldn’t be worth losing himself to. We would be more hurt than he would be.”

There was silence until I asked, “Are you sure he wouldn’t go back to the Volturi?”

That’s when I saw daddy smiled. “Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

I gasp as I ran out the door. I couldn’t stop the tears when I saw him outside. There he was with his bag over his shoulder smiling at me.

“Hey.”

“Lucas!” I cried. I ran at him too fast as I flung my arms around him that I almost made him fall over. Luckily, he was expecting that as he caught me. Everyone joined in on the group hug when they saw Lucas.

“Geez guys, it almost looks like you thought I was dead. I can’t die remember?” He laughed holding me so tight.

“We were so worry about you.” Grandma said as she kissed him.

“Nessie wouldn’t chill out when you left.” Uncle Jasper said.

“We thought you went back to Italy.” I said as we let go.

“Relax I’m not that stupid to go back to those Volturi.” Lucas said.

“Then where did you go?” Mom asked.

“I went back to Lacey.” Lucas explained. “It’s August and college is around the corner. Since my friends are going, I came there to see them one last time before they leave.”

“I first apologized to them about my behavior from that night because I know they were trying to cheer me up. Then I went to my family’s grave. I told them about you guys, not the vampire and werewolf thing because I don’t think it’s worth being eavesdropped on, and explained to them what great people you guys are. I also told my friends that I’ll be traveling around places with you guys, since I won’t be able to see them in a long time, that is, if you let me be part of your family.” He looked a bit nervous telling us this. We all looked at him like he’s being crazy as grandma came to Lucas and hugged him.

“Lucas, of course we want you as a part of our family.” She said as Lucas hugged her back.

“Why the need to ask?” Grandpa asked smiling.

Lucas shrugged as he let go of grandma. “I did left.”

“Lucas you’ve became a part of our family before you knew about the world you live in.” Daddy said.

“Yeah, you and I are like cousins.” Mom laughed.

“Besides, we need you back at the shop.” Jake said thumping Lucas’s back. “We need new parts and we can’t make good deals like you.”

“No way, he and I have shopping to do.” Aunt Alice said taking his hand.

“Sorry Alice but Lucas said he would teach me more of his moves.” Uncle Jasper said.

“Hey take your time with him. I owe him payback for all those pranks he pulled on me. I still haven’t forgotten that aura sphere incident you gave me.” Uncle Emmett said grinning.

“Yeah good luck with that Lucas.” Uncle Jasper said as Lucas laughed.

“Don’t worry Lucas I’ll protect you from him.” Aunt Rose laughed.

Lucas looked at me. “And you?”

I smiled as I hugged him again. “I love you like a brother. Of course I want you to stay.”

After several moments, we broke apart and everybody return to the house where Aunt Alice decides to throw another party to officially welcome Lucas to the family.

Welcome to the family Lucas.

Lucas’s POV

Life. I never expected my life to be like this. That night when my family died, I thought I lost everything. I wasn’t sure what my reason for living is. I was afraid I would be heading down to a dark road while my friends become successful in their lives.

Things changed when I met the Cullens. They not only saved me once but three times; from the bear attack, the near death experience and now they saved me when I was broken from my loss. These people accepted me as part of their family like they were expecting me. I guess you could say it was faith that led me to them.

Family. I know my family are watching over me and wanted me to be happy. I’ll never forget them and all the memories I’ve shared with them.

Flashback

It was morning but I didn’t want to wake for school. Why did school have to start so early? I remained in my bed with my eyes closed when I heard the door opened. Next thing I knew was that Lilly was jumping on my bed as I heard an air horn.

“Wake up big brother!” She giggled as I got up.

“Happy Birthday Lucas.” My mom said as she gave me a kiss.

“Thanks but you could have waited after I wake up.” I said.

“Now where’s the fun in that?” Dad joked.

“Here, open my present.” Lilly said as she held out her gift to me.

“Lilly, you didn’t have to get me anything.” I said.

“Yes I do. Please open mine.” Lilly said giving me those puppy eyes. Man she gets me when she does that.

I took the present from her and opened it. I gasped at the picture of me and Lilly with a frame that appears to be handmade. It was decorated with many colors like a rainbow and on top was the words ‘I LOVE YOU.’ I was touched by her thought as I gave her a hug.

“It’s beautiful. I love it, thanks baby sis.” I said kissing her forehead.

“This is from me and your mother.” Dad said handing me a small box. I opened it and my eyes widened at the new white G-Shock watch that came out.

“You guys, t-t-thanks.” I sounded speechless.

“It’s a tradition in our family to give the son a watch on his eighteenth birthday. Oh sweetheart, why are you growing up so fast?” Mom hugged me so tight. I could hear her crying.

“Mom, I’m not that old.” I said feeling awkward as I patted her back.

“Are you sure? Because I could’ve sworn I saw you growing a grey hair.” Dad said.

“SAY WHAT!” I got off the bed and looked in the mirror. I didn’t see anything other than my usual spiky brown hair which is a mess. That’s when it hit me.

“Dad!” I called looking annoyed as I jumped on my dad who was laughing at my reaction. We ended up on my bed. Lilly joined in along with my mom as we all laughed at this crazy moment.

End of Flashback

Mom, dad, Lilly, Matt, Tiffany, Cooper, Hannah, everybody, I know it’s hard for me to say goodbye. It pains me that you’ll never see me again but you should know that I’ll always be able to see you in my heart. I love you guys and I’ll miss you. It’s time for a new life that’s waiting for me.

The end

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you like the story. I’m planning on writing a sequel on this. Thank you for the letting me know about the spelling and grammar errors. I was able to fix them and I hope I got them all. I’ll let you know when it’s ready. :)

The sequel to this story is called The Other Half. Also there's a prequel called Forever Together. It's the story of Lucas's life before he met the Cullens. Enjoy :)


You must login (register a new account) to review.