- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Now we get to learn more about Lucas. Let’s see how the Cullens react.  This might be long but I’m sure it’s worth reading. Enjoy :)

 

Renesmee’s POV

Lucas and I arrived at the kitchen with grandpa behind us. Grandma was already cooking something in the kitchen while everyone else was still in the living room. They looked at us as we came in and sat ourselves at the kitchen table. Grandma handed Lucas a plated of what appears to be pasta with Alfredo sauce. She handed me a plate of boiled eggs. As we said our thanks, my family soon came around the table.

“You don’t eat much do you?” Lucas asked me as he started eating.

“No I’m on a special diet.” I said taking a boil egg as I looked at my dad who silently chuckled. He told me how he gave an answer like that to mom when they went on their “first date.”

Lucas looked at my family who were all watching us. “You guys aren’t gonna eat?” he asked.

“We already ate earlier.” Mom said.

“So Lucas,” Uncle Emmett started. “Trying to steal Jacob’s girl?”

My daddy would usually get all tensed up about how boys get attracted to me but instead he laughed. I looked from him then Lucas who had annoyed look on his face.

“Okay, if you asked me that again, I swear I will kick your ass!” Lucas said. We all laughed at that statement plus his reaction.

“Now that I would love to see.” Aunt Rosalie laughed.

“Yeah like he ever will.” Uncle Emmett said grinning.

“Hey, I may be shorter than you by like a few inches, but you’re muscles are nothing compare to my fighting skills.” Lucas said.

“Are you a fighting expert?” Uncle Jasper asked.

“I’m a black belt in taekwondo and aikido.  I’ve been learning since I was eight. If you want, I can show you a few moves if you want to shut him up.” Lucas said pointing at Emmett. That made me and everyone except him, laughing even harder.

“So what made you come to Forks?” Aunt Alice asked.

“I just like to visit new places. Forks just have my attention.” Lucas said. “I’ve been traveling for a month since I left high school.”

“You looked like you’ve been traveling for days.” Grandpa said seeing Lucas’s clothes a bit worn out.

“I stayed at a motel once but didn’t have enough to stay since then.” Lucas said as he scooped pasta in his mouth.

“What about your parents?” I asked. “They didn’t give you anything when you left?”

At that moment, he dropped his fork leaving a clatter sound on the plate. I noticed that he was shaking and his eyes were closed like he was fighting back tears.

“I – I’m sorry, I didn’t mean -”

“My parents… are... gone.” Lucas said sadly. The whole room was silent.

I placed my hand on his. “I’m so sorry.”

“Forgive me for asking, you don’t have to tell us, but what happened?” Grandpa asked after five minutes of silence.

“It’s okay.” Lucas explained. “It happened a few weeks before graduation. I was on my way home at night from a friend’s white out party. When I got home, I saw the place in flames. The fire department was there as well as the police. I was able to find my parents and my little sister on stretchers. By the time we arrived at the hospital, they died. My sister Lilly was only seven. After I graduated, I left Lacey hoping to find some meaning in my life but so far nothing.”

My family and I didn’t know what to say. There were sad looks on everyone’s faces. I might have tears showing, even though I’m half human. Next thing I know, grandma came over to Lucas and hugged him and he hugged her back. I should’ve known my grandma has such love for kids. I mean she loves us all so much like her own children ever since she lost her son.

“Lucas I know we met and all, but I already consider you a part of the family and developed a great liking to you.” She said.

“Thank you Esme.” Lucas said hugging her even more tightly. He settled a few seconds later, probably Uncle Jasper’s doing, and broke apart from grandma.

“Listen Lucas, if you need somewhere to stay, you’re more than welcome to stay on our home.” Grandpa said.

“Oh n-no sir, you don’t have to do that. I mean I don’t want the place to be so crowded.” Lucas said. I saw him go a little red.

“Don’t be silly Lucas. We have plenty of room for everyone.” Grandma smiled.

“Yeah come on man, it’ll be fun having you around!” Uncle Emmett said.

“If you mean Lucas winning in a fight against you, then yes it will be fun.” Aunt Rosalie said causing Emmet to smirk at her. Everyone else seems to agree for him stay here.

“Please Lucas? Stay with us.” I said. Lucas turned to look at me and he was staring at me in a special way.

“Okay if you insist.” Lucas said smiling as everyone cheered.

I heard Aunt Alice squealing with excitement. “This means shopping!”

I saw mom and Uncle Jasper rolled her eyes. I don’t blame them since Aunt Alice always goes crazy when it involves shopping.

“There’s a room upstairs for you. You can use that as yours.” Grandma said.

“Thank you Esme.” Lucas said as he got up. Grandpa came back to retrieve Lucas’s bag he left in his room.

“Lucas, I can take you to your room if that’s okay.” I said.

“Sure Nessie.” He replied. I looked over his shoulder and noticed that dad was looking at Lucas like he was trying to study him. “What’s wrong daddy?” I thought to him.

“I’ll explain it to you and everyone about it later.” He thought. His mind reading gift has been developed so that he can now communicate with us with his mind reading instead of the one way.

Okay first Jake left for something ‘important’ and now my dad. Guess I’ll find out. Lucas and I left the kitchen as I lead him upstairs to his room.

Lucas’s POV

I find it too hard to be true. I mean first I get attacked by a bear, and then I meet the Cullens who not only were kind enough to help me with my arm, but to also allow me to stay with them. I never met a family like them. It’s was like when my old family was gone, the Cullens were reborn from them. I guess you can say that faith led to them. Nessie and I continued up the stairs until we reached the next floor and soon led me to a nice room that has a nice bed and a small balcony with a very nice view of the forest. Almost reminds me of my old room.

“Well, this is it.” Nessie said. “The bathroom is over there next to your closet. A little warning for you, Alice doesn’t mess around with fashion so be careful with what you wear.”

I laughed. “I’ll try.” There was silence when we just stood there a bit awkward until I said, “Thanks Nessie… for everything.”

“It was nothing really.” Nessie said looking down trying not to make such deal. When I looked at Nessie, I noticed that she reminds me so much like my baby sister, (okay not a baby anymore), Lily. Nessie’s long hair, soothing voice and the eyes were almost the same as Lilly’s. Seeing her made me feel like I have my little sister back.

Flashback

I came home from visiting with my friends. As I went into my room, I heard a small giggle. I smiled. I know that giggle anywhere. I tiptoed all the way to my closet and wrenched the door open and there she was laughing as I picked her up out of the closet and threw ourselves on my bed.

“Okay, why were you in my closet baby sis?”  I asked as I laugh. “Trying to sneak up on your big brother?”

“Maybe and I’m no baby, I’m almost seven.” Lilly said.

“That made be true but you’ll always be my baby sister.” I said. She pouted. “Oh come on. You’re not mad at me are you?”

She looked at me and smiled as she said, “No, I can never be mad at you big brother.”

She gave me a kiss on the cheek as I said, “Well if you were, you couldn’t be mad when you get a visit from the tickle monster.” I grabbed her and started tickling on her sides than to her tummy. She started squealing and laughing.

“S-s-s-stop!” Lily laughed. I did as she said. When I laid down thinking she gave up, she was on top of me the next second.

“Oh hey no fair!” I said as she started tickling under my arms. I couldn’t help myself as Lilly was giggling for finding my ticklish spot.

End of flashback

“Lucas, are you okay?”

I snapped myself back to reality. “Oh yeah, I’m just… thinking about things.”

Next minute, Nessie gave me a hug as I hugged her tighter. My heart was filled with happiness. I have never felt so much love from a family I don’t even know. Yet they already love me like I was a part of theirs.

“I’m always here for you, you know.” Nessie said.

“Means a lot Nessie, thanks.” I said. “Well I’ll just go to bed then. Tell your family I said thanks.”

“Sure Lucas.” Goodnight.” Nessie said.

“Night.” I said. With that, she left and closed the door behind her. I sat down on the bed as I took out my locket that was in my shirt and opened it. I looked at the photo of me, Lilly and my parents. It was us next to our Christmas tree and we couldn’t be happier. Who knew that was my last Christmas with them. Fresh tears came however the first set of tears were from the sadness of my loss then the second set were happiness, happiness because of how fate led me to such an amazing loving family like the Cullens. Not bother to dress myself, I went straight to sleep when I lay down on the bed and my head hit the pillow.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Sad, I know. Hope you enjoyed it. Please review.

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.