- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

Okay before I do the next chapter about Lucas learning the truth, let’s look at his POV from the last chapter.

While everyone was sorrowing around Lucas thinking he was dead, they heard a heartbeat. How did he do? What made him come back? We’re going back to Ch. 7 – Change Him only in Lucas’s POV.

Lucas’s POV

I slowly opened my eyes and felt something cold on my back. I realized that I was on the ground. I slowly sat up because my body is aching from that car when it hit me. Nessie! I remembered I pushed her out of the way because I didn’t want her to get hurt when I saw that crazy maniac was driving towards us at high speed. Who gave that person a license? I looked around wildly until I put my hand on my neck. Ow that hurt. I looked around slowly to notice that it was total blackness and I can only see myself. Weird. Where am I?

“Lucas.”

I jumped, startled from that voice. Next thing I knew, two people came to my side while another, a little girl with long gold hair, sat on my lap. I was shocked when I saw her face.

“Hi big brother!” She said smiling.

“L-Lilly?” I said. Then I turn to see who was at my side receiving even more shock recognizing the woman with the same hair as the girl looking young for her age and the man with the same hair as mine. “Mom? Dad?” 

They both smiled at me as I smiled back. I cannot believe I am surrounded by my family, but how? Not that I don’t want to see them, but how is that possible? Unless…

“Am I dead?” I asked them.

“You could say that you are.” Dad said as mom was squeezing my arm so tightly.

“But you guys are dead.”

“We know,” Mom said. “But we never left.”

“What do you mean?” I asked looking confused.

“Son, we never left you. We’ve been watching over you since that night. We even watched you graduated which we are all very proud.” Dad said. “We continued watching over you as you left Lacey. We were making sure that you wouldn’t do anything rash or reckless to kill yourself because you still have a life ahead of you.”

“Especially when you met the Cullens.” Mom added.

“Yeah they are nice people.” Lilly said. I place my hand on her face and she smiled. I miss how she smiles, my smile. “They were even nice enough to through you a party.”

“Party? What party?” I asked.

“The Cullens had a surprise party for you after you left La Push with Nessie. They were gonna tell you that they want you to become part of their family, as a Cullen. However, after that incident you had, there was a change of plan.” Mom explained.

I was speechless. The Cullens did all that for me? They wanted me to be a part of their family? I felt happiness spreading around me as I couldn’t believe what I was hearing but then it faded. I was about to have a new family who’s willing to take me in and it will never happen because I’m dead. I’ll never get to see them again; I’ll never get to see Esme’s love, Emmett’s humor, Edward’s passion, Bella’s heart, Jacob’s kindness, Alice’s enthusiasm, Carlisle’s wisdom, Jasper’s skills, Rosalie’s attitude and Nessie’s spirit. Like my family, I left the Cullens without intentionally doing so and there’s nothing I can do.

“So are you ready to go?” Dad asked me.

“Go where?” I asked.

“Back to the Cullens?”

 Go back? What are they talking about? I’m dead.

“How am I supposed to go back?”

“You can return to your body. You will create a miracle and return to them.” Dad said smiling. Mom and Lilly are smiling as well while I remained confused.

“But if I can go back, why didn’t you guys?” I asked.

Lilly looked down as my parents sighed. Then my mom said, “We wanted to sweetheart. Believe me we really did, but we’ve all lost so much blood and our bodies were badly damaged from the fire. If we came back, we would have died seconds later. It’s your choice, you can choose to go back or you can move on with us. It doesn’t matter to us what you choose.”

I looked at my sister again who now looked at me. “What about you?” I asked.

“I just want my big brother to be happy.” She said as she hugged me and I hugged her back. “I love you.”

“I love you too baby sis.” I said as tears came out of my eyes.

After five minutes of hugging and crying with my family, my dad said, “So I’m gonna asked again, are you ready to go back?”

I was silent but I knew I was ready. I was ready for a new life and I will be spending my new life with my new family.

“I’m ready.”

My family helped me got up which suddenly feels like it’s been completely healed. “I love you guys.” I said.

“We love you too sweetheart.” Mom said. She kissed me on the cheek as dad ruffled my hair and Lilly hugged me again. “We’ll always be there for you.”

I turned around saw a light and then I heard voices.

“Lucas, wake up! Wake up please.”

“Nessie-”

“HE CAN’T BE DEAD! HE JUST CAN’T.”

I know that voice, it’s Nessie and she’s crying.

I looked at my family who smiled at me knowing I’m making the right choice.

I turned back at the light and took a deep breath.

“I’m coming everyone.” With that, I took a step forward and everything was a blur.

I felt awake but some reason, I couldn’t my eyes and my body feels very sore. Also, I can barely breathe. I could hear my own heart beat slowly. I heard voices but I couldn’t make what they’re saying but I did make out of,

“Definitely a pulse. He’s living but… I’m not sure how long.”

“No.”

No? What do they mean no? Am I too late? This can’t be! There were voices saying something but I still couldn’t hear what they’re saying. That when I felt a whisper to my ear.

“Lucas,” Was that Carlisle? “You’re gonna be okay. I’m gonna save you. You might experience some pain but you’ll wake up as a whole new person.”

I have no idea what he meant by that but before I could think, something pierced through my neck and I screamed not even realizing that I could. I try to fight it but it felt like my insides were on fire and I was burning alive. What is this? Am I going to hell? I didn’t know long I was screaming because then something came out of neck and it stopped whatever it did but I was still in pain from what I’ve been given. Suddenly, the pain stopped and next thing I know it, I was out.

Chapter End Notes:

Now the next chapter will talk about Lucas knowing the truth. Please review :)

You must login (register a new account) to review.