- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

Lucas now wakes up and discovers he has changed. The Cullens tell him the truth about them being vampires. How will Lucas take this?

Lucas’s POV

My eyes opened at an instant. The first thing I saw was the white ceiling. What amazes me is that I can see it clearly, and I mean I can see the texture of the tiles so close as if my eyes were camera lens. Judging from how I am looking it, I must be on my back on a comfortable platform. I moved my eyes to the right to see a vase on the window sill. I can see the tiny water droplets on the vase from a few feet away. I soon realized that I was in the room where Carlisle fixed my arm. I felt like a zombie when I got up. That’s when someone threw her arms around me so hard that she knocked the wind out of me. Funny thing is I didn’t need to breathe. I looked at the person that is hugging me realizing it is Nessie.

“Lucas!” She cried as I put my arms around her so tight.

“Nessie are you okay?” I asked trying to ignoring the unusual smell that’s somehow trying to tempt me.

“Me?” Nessie asked thinking I’m being stupid. She let go of me and I saw she was crying but they were happy tears I’m seeing. “You got hit by car and almost died and you’re asking me if I’m okay?”

“Well, I was just checking.” I shrugged. “So what’s been happening?”

“Lucas, why don’t you come with me?” Nessie asked as she stopped crying and stood up holding out her hand for me. “Everyone is waiting for you.”

“Okay.” I said as I took her hand and got up.

Still holding her hand, I noticed something on my arm. The cut where the bear attacked me is gone, like nothing even happened to it but that wasn’t the only thing. What’s more is that I feel completely fine. My body should’ve felt nothing but pain from the accident, yet, nothing. I saw a mirror and I examined myself more closely as my eyes opened wide with shock. My skin that was once light skinned is actually very pale like the Cullens. My eyes were from dark brown to red. Did I mention that I look, I don’t know, beautiful? I was okay looking back then, but I look ten times better. I would do definitely get a part in a magazine if I was offered a role. I continued staring at myself until I was able to find my voice.

“Nessie, how long was I out?” I asked slowly.

“Three days.” She answered.

Three days?! How could I’ve healed so quickly and gotten so handsome in three days?! Did Carlisle did some sort of surgery on me while I was out? Is that what he did to everyone in the family?

Nessie took a deep breath and said, “Come on Lucas, everyone’s waiting.”

I followed Nessie out of the room where she led me to the living room. The family were all there sitting down, smiling at my arrival.

“Look whose back from the dead.” Emmett said.

I laughed. “Yeah, it’s miracle.” Nessie and I sat next to each other on the couch. Everyone was now looking at me, which is kind of creeping me out.

“So what’s going on here?” I asked. “You all look like someone died. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m alive.”

“Lucas, there’s something we have to tell you.” Nessie started. I looked at her as she continued. “We’ve told you all about us as we know everything about you.”

“Yeah?” I said sounding more like a question.

“But there’s one thing we haven’t told you.” Nessie said.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“Remember when you said that you knew there was something different about us?” I nodded. “Well, you were right.”

“I don’t understand though.” I said looking at everyone.

“You should know by now.” Carlisle said “Pale skin, gold eyes, beauty, never eats.”

When he saw my confused look, Carlisle said, “Lucas, my family and I are vampires.”

I froze at those words. What did he just say they are? “Please tell me you’re joking.” I said.

“No, we’re not.” Carlisle said calmly.

“Wait are you saying that – “

“Yes you’re vampire as well.” Alice said. “Carlisle bit you in order to save your life. That’s why you were able to heal so quickly.”

Vampires? I knew that these people were different but vampires were not what I thought possible. But after what’s been happening, everything fits. It even makes sense when I felt how cold they were. Wait a minute. I looked at Nessie, and slowly felt her face which is warm like normal human temperature.

“But Nessie you’re warm.” I said as I put my hand down.

She smiled. “I’m actually half-vampire and half-human.”

“That would explain why you eat human food.” I said and everyone laughed. “How is that even possible, you being half and half?”

“My mom almost died giving birth to me when she was human. Dad turned her into vampire to save her.” Nessie explained.

“I thought Esme said she couldn’t have kids anymore.” I heard Edward, Jasper and Emmett snicker as all the girls giggled. Did I just say something really dumb?

“Carlisle and Esme aren’t my biological parents.” Nessie said. “Edward and Bella are my actual parents.

I gaped at her and then at her parents?! Bella and Edward?!

“WHAT?! WHEN?! HOW?! WHO?!”

“Edward and Bella.”

“WHAT?! WHEN?! HOW?!”

“Edward, vampire. Bella, human.”

“WHAT?! WHEN?!”

“I’ll tell you that later.”

“WHAT?!” I said causing everyone to burst into laughing.

“Dude, calm down.” Jasper said when he was able to calm himself down.

“Yeah, I think you got it.” Rosalie said looking quite amuse.

I look wildly at everyone. So many questions are popping in my head making me feel like I’m about to pass out any second which for some reason I couldn’t. The first question is when my eyes were set on Edward and Bella.

“How could she be your daughter when you’re about the same age as me?!” I asked them.

“That’s because vampires don’t age.” Esme explained. “Once you’re bitten into becoming a vampire, your body is frozen from aging physical but mentally you get older.”

“Exactly how old are you guys?” I asked fearing I know what they’re going to say.

“To skip the details, Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, Alice and I are over a hundred years old.” Edward explained as I jumped from what he said. “Bella is only twenty seven.”

I looked at Nessie. “And you?”

She smiled. “I’m actually eight years old.”

“Dang girl, you grew up fast.” I said.

“I know but I stopped aging a year ago when I reached full maturity. So I’m stuck as a seventeen year old.” Nessie said. I gave a low whistle.

“Lucas.” I turned to see it was Carlisle calling to me. “We plan on telling you the truth about us because we all like you very much but changing you wasn’t how we planned it. We hope that you’re not scared of us and you’re not upset at what you’ve now become.”

I was silent until I finally said, “Scared? Upset? Why would I be? Sure I was shocked and I might have overreacted a bit but that’s because those information were a lot for me to take. I already told Nessie before; I don’t care what you guys are, I love you all from the moment I first came here and think of you guys as my family.”

Next thing I knew was that I was pulled into the center of a group hug which is a first for me. This was better than what my family had. I never felt so much love by a group of people I only met for a few days. This is the happiest day of my life.

It must have been, what hours in my book, until we broke apart. That’s when I felt something burning in my throat. And I’ll tell you that it’s really making me thirsty.

“Uh-oh.”

Uh-Oh? What uh-oh? Now what is going on?

“Not to worry Lucas. You’re just thirsty for blood.” Carlisle said. “We have to take you out hunting.”

“Wait, WHAT?!” Are you all crazy?!” I asked. How could I forget what vampires eat? “I am not going out there and kill people for their blood!” They started laughing again. Okay this is getting me nowhere.

“We didn’t say anything about humans.” Bella said.

“But then –”

“We’ll explain when we get there. My parents and I have to hunt as well.” Nessie said as she took my hand. One minute I was in the house, the next minute I was out in the woods. Nessie let go of my hand with Bella and Edward by her side.

I looked around wildly at what just happened. “How did we did get here so fast?!”

“Vampire speed,” Bella said. “It’s one of the powers we all have. Others include super strength, super senses including sight, hearing and smell and indestructibility.” Hold on a second,

“Okay, wait a minute, are you saying Emmett would’ve taken me out?” I asked as I remembered how I was able kick his ass so easily. Edward laughed.

“He would’ve but he had to tune it down on his powers in human strength.” He explained grinning. “But now that you’re a new born, you’ll definitely kick his ass ten times better.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Trust me; I beat Emmett in arm wrestling when I was a newborn.” Bella said smiling. Whoa Bella beat Emmett when he has arms that huge? That’s something to laugh at. “And I still do.”

“So why are we out here?” I asked.

“Like Carlisle said, your thirst is craving for blood so we’re taking you hunting.” Edward explained.

“Do I have to tell you guys that I’m not-”

“How about you just shut up and let us explain.” Bella said calmly.

“Sorry.” I took a deep breath. “But no humans.”

“You don’t have to worry about that.” Edward said. “You see our family is different from others who survive on human blood. Carlisle found a way to survive without harming the innocence and that’s animal blood.”

Animal blood huh. Well it’s better than killing humans. 

“By feeding on animals, you retain the ability to resist the urge to consume humans. Also our eyes are gold while those who drink human blood are red.” Edward finished.

“Okay, okay. I guess I could go for that.” I said as I calm down. “So where do we start?”

We heard a twig snap nearby and saw from a distance was a deer.

“Right there.” Nessie pointed.

“What do I do?” I asked. I could feel my throat burning by the second.

“Pretend you’re a lion hunting its prey.” Nessie explained. “Once you catch it, break its neck then sank your teeth into it. You should be able to pick it up after that.”

I watched as the deer started eating something on the ground. I slowly walk up to it crouching very low and quietly. As soon as I got close, I sprang at it and grabbed on to the deer. I swear that deer can seriously struggle but I manage to break its neck. I soon sank my teeth into it and started drinking the blood. As I kept on drinking, I feel like I was reclaiming my will as if was in some sort of mind control. Once I finished every ounce of blood in the animal, I let go and got up. I looked at the three who were all very impress.

“Well, how was it?” They asked.

“Not bad.” I shrugged as we all laughed.

Once Edward, Bella and Nessie did their hunting, we head back to the house. I entered the house first when I heard a “Surprise!”

I looked around to see Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie standing under a banner that reads ‘Welcome to The Family!’

“Whoa, what’s going on now?” I asked as Nessie and her parents came in.

“It’s party for you.” She said excitedly. Of course, I remember that they were throwing me party. I didn’t want them to know I found out though.

“Me?” Pretending to be surprise.

“Yeah.”

“We were supposed to have it for you three days ago but because of that little stunt you’ve pulled, we had to put it on hold until now.” Alice said.

“This party is to show that we would like to accept you as part of our family Lucas.” Esme said as she walks up to me and gave me hug.

“Do I have to repeat what I said?” I said as I hugged her back.

“Not really.” Emmett said. “Now come on, let’s get this party started.”

The music was turned on and we all laughed and danced to sound of it as we continued to party all night. We’re vampires and we don’t sleep, like at all.

Chapter End Notes:

This isn’t over yet people. There are still more things that are coming your way.

Please review :)

You must login (register a new account) to review.