- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

We now get to hear what Edward has to say about Lucas. This will get you guessing. Enjoy :)

 

 

Edward’s POV

I’m not sure what to tell my family about Lucas. They might think I’m overreacting. Heck, what I’m thinking about sounded stupid but that doesn’t mean I should just let it pass. Guess I’ll find out when I tell them. We were all sitting in the living room at night. Renesmee was helping Lucas to his room, Alice and Rosalie were discussing things about what to buy for Lucas (I feel sorry for him), Emmett and Jasper were watching something on TV, Carlisle and Esme were just finishing up cleaning the kitchen and Bella was next to me with my arm around her. As Carlisle and Esme entered the room, I heard Renesmee coming down the stairs. She arrived saying that Lucas went to sleep. That makes it a little easier for me to give the conversation without a problem.

She turned her head and squealed when she heard Jacob’s car outside. Why did she inherit that from Alice? As Jacob entered the room, Renesmee jumped into Jacob’s arms as he spins around. I’ll never understand why I accepted Jacob to be with my daughter.

“Alright Jakey, you have some explaining to do.” Nessie said when Jacob put her down. “What were you doing back home that was so important?”

 Jacob looked at me allowing me to read his thoughts as I said, “Something that I want to talk to you all about.”

Everyone looked at me and Jacob as he sat down at the nearest chair with Nessie on his lap.

“So what is it Edward?” Carlisle asked as soon as the TV was turned off.

I took my arm off Bella as I explained. “There’s something about Lucas that puzzles me.”

“What do you mean? What did you see in his mind?” Esme asked.

“Nothing. I couldn’t read his mind, that’s what puzzles me.” I said causing everyone else to be surprised.

“I couldn’t feel his emotions when he arrived. I was able to calm him down though back at dinner but other than that, nothing.” Jasper explained

“I didn’t even see him in my visions.” Alice said. “I mean I saw Nessie and it was weird how she came home in a strange position.”

“Do you think he’s a shield?” Bella asked.

“No this was different from reading your mind.” I said. “When I tried to read your mind, I couldn’t hear anything and that’s because your shield Bella, prevented me from reading your thoughts but when I tried to read Lucas’s mind, well I couldn’t even get into his mind first because it felt like he has a shield outside his body.” (A/N: Okay maybe it doesn’t make sense but stay with me people, you’ll understand soon enough.)

“So what, you think he’s a vampire?” Emmett asked.

“I know you have gold eyes and all Emmett but you shouldn’t be colorblind.” Jasper said. “I mean does he look all pale skinned or have red eyes to you?”

“Maybe he’s a hybrid like me.” Nessie thought.

“I don’t think so Ness.” Jacob said. “His scent is completely human but here’s what I found out. When Nessie and I first met Lucas, I notice he had some sort of substance that was around him that was very faint at that moment.”

“Does the pack know anything about this?” I asked knowing why he left Nessie earlier.

“Yeah, they’re not sure what to do not wanting to hurt an innocence being. So they want to know what you guys think.” Jacob said.

“You don’t think the Volturi have anything to do with him do you?” Bella asked about the foundation of our world. The last time we met the entire coven was during the confrontation when they were misinformed about Renesmee being an immortal child. We all know that the Volturi will someday attempt to avenge the humiliation they suffered after we had them scared with the allies we have along with the wolves. This could be the time.

“We haven’t heard anything from them for eight years but I highly doubt they have anything to do with it.” Carlisle said.

“Even if they are involved, we can always kick their ass.” Emmett said getting another slap on the back of the head from Rosalie. “OW!  What is this slap, Emmett Day?”

Rosalie ignored him. “So what are we all thinking here? Should we keep an eye on him to see if he’s some threat or something?”

“Oh come on, Rosalie you don’t really think like that about Lucas do you?” Alice asked.

“Well we don’t understand anything about him other than his trouble past, Alice.” Jasper said.

“No!”

We all turned to see that it came from my daughter. “I know him well enough that he’s a really nice guy with a very sad life. There’s no way I would consider him a threat and you all know that too.”

There was silence then. “She’s right everyone. The last thing that young boy needs is having us judging him for what we’ve seen after what he’s been through.” Esme said. From reading everyone’s mind, including Bella’s who took down her shield for a second, we agreed with Nessie.

“Then it’s settled; until we find out more about Lucas, we accept him as a friend. And if things go well with him, we might consider making him part of this family.” Carlisle said.

With that, everyone got up. Nessie escorted Jacob outside explaining to him about Lucas earlier, Alice and Rosalie went upside to resume talking about their plan shopping trip, Esme, Emmett and Jasper said it was time for them to hunt and Carlisle went to his studies. Bella and I walked out of the house and took the path leading to our cottage.

“So what did you really think about him Bella? You know before the conversation we had?” I asked.

“The same way when I first met you.” Bella said causing me to smile. “I can tell he’s not a bad person. Just a guy who’s trying to find his way.”

“Well let’s hope he doesn’t do anything stupid like you did back then.” I chuckled.

“Hey, that’s your fault!” Bella stated while laughing.

“For a good reason.” I smirked. “But it all worked out in the end right love?”

Bella’s lip met mine as she said, “And I’m sure things will work out for him too. Once we tell him about the whole vampire thing.”

I laughed. I would love to see how he will react to that.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

What do you guys think about Lucas? Friend or foe? Please review :)

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.