- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own it or them.  They are not my property.  They belong to someone else... yadda yadda yadda.  You know the drill.  :)

Author's Chapter Notes:

My prompt was:  'transport'.

The rest is my brain at work.

 

They had to find a home for their new friend; they just had to.  

Since they found the little puppy, abandoned in the park, they had been caring for it without either of their parents knowing it. 

They kept it in their garage in a box with a blanket and a bowl of water.  

They gave it any & all leftovers that were left in the fridge. 

"We gotsa gets ta Unca Dabe's home..."  Henry announced.

 "Yeah, he'll know what to do!"  Jack replied happily.  "Let's go..."

 "Wat's about Auntie Jessie?"

 "We'll leave her a note... now, let's get our backpacks, and let's go, before she misses us..."

 After writing a note saying only that we were riding their bikes around, Jack made sure that the puppy peed, before placing him on top of his blanketed pack.  He zipped it up enough to allow the imp to put his head out, and carried it frontwards, so he could see the pet at all times.  Putting snacks, loose change, a little bowl and some bottled waters in Henry's bag, the two boys (wearing their hockey hoodies) started to bike to their uncle's house.  

Since they all lived in McLean, the ride only took 15 minutes.  Seeing their uncle's SUV out, they knew that they would be alright.  Henry knocked on the door softly as Jack gave the puppy some water. When the door opened, they saw the look of shock on their uncle's face.

 "Boys, what're ya doin' here?"  Dave questioned worriedly.

 "Hi, Unca Dabe..." Henry replied.

 "Boys, where's Jessica?"

 "At home asleep on the couch..."  Jack piped in.  "We didn't want her to know..."

 "Why?"

 " ‘Cuz we're keeping him a secret..."

 "Keeping who a secret?"

 "Him..."

 The little Hotchner pointed at the puppy at his feet.

 "Oh, boys..."  Dave stated, picking up the pup.  "Where'd you find him?"

 "At Da Park..." Henry replied.  "All lone..."

 "He's abandoned?"

 "Yeah, Uncle Dave..."  Jack answered.  "He doesn't have anybody... and, we wanna keep him, but Dad said ‘no'..."

 "So, why did you bring him to me?"

 "You keeps him, Unca Dabe... he be Muddie's baby..."

 "Mudgie's a boy..." Jack retorted.  "He can't have babies..."

"Okay..."

"Boys, I dunno..." the Italian man began.

 "Pees, Unca Dabe... pees, pees..."

 "Please, Uncle Dave..." Jack pleaded.

 "I still dunno..."  Dave spoke up.

 "See what Mudgie thinks..."

 "Alright... let's see..."

 The three of them moved to find the famous black lab on the deck.

 "Here, Mudgie..."  The FBI agent stated, crouching down.  "Come here, boy..."

 The dog came over, immediately sniffing the little pup.  Suddenly, the lab licked the puppy's face, giving Dave a definite answer.

 He smiled and stated, "Okay, boys... I'll keep him..."

 "Yay!"  Both boys squealed.

 "Now, what's his name?"

 Henry shrugged shyly, as Jack announced with a smile, "Let's name him ‘Bau' [Boo]..."

 "Bau?"  Dave questioned aloud.  "Explain..."

 "You know the letters where you work... B.A.U... Bau [Boo]..."

 "I like it, Jack... Bau, it is!"

 "Yay!"  The boys cheered again.

 "Welcome home, Bau..."

 fin.

 

Chapter End Notes:

It's what I think Bau looks like... a brown American cocker spaniel puppy :)

You must login (register a new account) to review.