- Text Size +

 

(A/N~ I wrote this for DaisyAngel's bday. Happy birthday!)

"Jack, why are my mommy and your daddy gone all the time?" Henry asked as he laid across the swing on his belly, gently moving back and forth. They were playing in Henry's backyard while the adults grilled burgers and hot dogs.  The spring air was warm, and this was the first time the boys had been able to play outside in a while. Jack flushed with admiration as he looked over at his dad. Aaron Hotchner was a tall man, with dark hair and serious brown eyes. Jack hoped to be as big and strong as his daddy one day.

"Well, Henry, your mommy and my daddy are super heroes. They save the world from bad guys. Sometimes the bad guys are far away," Jack replied, his voice oozing with pride. He looked over to the younger boy swinging beside him, happy to answer any questions about his dad. He missed him when he was gone, but he understood that he had to keep the world safe.

"So they keep us safe?" Henry's face grew bright with excitement. He scanned the backyard, searching for his mother. Jennifer Jareau was average height, with beautiful blonde hair. Henry looked like his mommy. He loved her more than anybody in the world. He was going to marry her when he got bigger.

"Yep. They keep the world safe," Jack said, nodding his head.

"Wait, if they're super heroes, then what's their secret indents?"

"You mean secret identities?"

"Yeah, that."

"Mommy and daddy, of course," Jack stated matter of factly.

"HEY! If they have super powers, does that mean we'll grow up to be super heroes, too?"

"It sure does, Henry. It sure does," Jack said as he started swinging, imagining that he would some day be able to fly.

 

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.