- Text Size +

 

Copyright:

No copyright infringement is Meyer owns all Twilight characters and content. The plot although is mine.

EPOV: While in Library

Hello, my name is Edward Cullen. I have been wanting to say hello to you for awhile. No, I can't say that to her. I have not gotten up the nerve to talk to her. She doesn't know who I am. But I have been following her for awhile. I am always far enough behind her that she doesn't know I am there. She doesn't know what I am and how I can never be around her. You see I am a vampire, and I have been one for 89 years.

But. Today is different. I can tell. She never really pays attention to what is going on around her. So I always make sure to do that for her or well I try to. As usual she was engrossed in her work, sitting at her table in the college library.

I haven't had the pleasure of asking her what she has been working so hard on for so long. You see I can't read her mind, but I can read your and everyone else's. It is one of my talents that I can into this life with. I have never spoken to her, but I desire to badly.

I am pretty sure she has seen me before sitting on the steps of the library with my book. I have never ventured inside. I have been satisfied with reading minds of everyone inside in an effort to keep an eye on her. But today I am going inside and I am sitting at her table. I have a gift I bought her a few years ago when I found out she loved to read.

Feeling disgusted with myself I went inside and sat at her table. I am dirty, crusty, and smelly. I haven't had a proper shower in days-perchance months. I haven't kept track. It seemed inconsequential in my quest to keep her safe. I just figured if I seemed like a homeless person I would blend into the background; keeping with my task of keeping her safe that much easier.

Today, I knew was different as I was late getting to the library before her. She was already at her usual table. No one else was with her not that there would be any room since her books were all over the table and on each chair beside her.

Bella is her name. She is beautiful to me just as her name suggests. She had the darkest chocolate eyes and softest mahogany colored hair. I imagine it is quite soft to touch. Never having been brazen I would not know its softness. Her skin is almost an alabaster color with the tiniest freckles on her nose and across her cheeks.

She is always blushing at the oddest things making her more endearing to me. I know that it is from a distance that I watch her, but she has no idea what lurks around looking just for her. So today was different, I took a chance, went into the library to see her.

Normally, just following her in the minds of others makes this nerve racking. I am actually doing this. Today I am bold enough to sit with her and see her.

Fuck. What is she doing here?

Jenny, her roommate is here. She is behind me thinking that she is sneaky. I know she has seen me around, but never close enough to think that I was following them or Bella. Jenny is trying to be sneaky. She thinks she will get a picture of me and that I won't hear the shutter of her camera phone. So I let her take the picture thinking she got away with it. Apparently she thinks I am a stalker, which I was, but only because I am trying to keep Bella safe.

Sitting at the table I realize that Bella is trying to be polite and not say anything about the way I look or smell. As a vampire, I do not really need showers; I take them just to feel better at the end of a day. I try to keep myself and my clothes clean, but living on the street it is nearly impossible to do so. So as I decided it was time to go, I put the book on the desk and whispered, "Thank you." I was pretty sure she didn't hear me but then she gasped. I quickly got up and left the table.

I got to the front door when I heard Bella fall. I quickly turned around and walked back to her. It seems in an effort to return my book she forgot to unplug her laptop. So as she tumbled to the floor so did all of her books. I reached down to hand her bag and some books to her. Her hand touched mine and she pulled back. I knew I had to leave. So I got up and left.

Jenny, being Bella's other protector started to ask her questions. "Bella, what are you doing following him? You don't know who he is or if he will hurt you?"

Bella responded, "He forgot his book and I was just trying to return it."

"Bella you know better than that! Come on let's go get something to eat. I am starving." Jenny told her.

As I saw through Jenny's mind, she stood and took a step; I knew she had done something. She probably twisted her ankle, which is pretty normal for her. She asked Jenny to take her to the doctor to get it checked out.

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.