- Text Size +

Copyright:


No copyright infringement is Meyer owns all Twilight characters and content. The plot although is mine.


EPOV: While at doctor office


I knew that they had moved into the area. I knew that Alice or apparently "Ally" as she was now calling herself could see me when I let her. Keeping Alice on her toes by changing my mind on things was getting tiresome. I wasn't ready to go back home yet, so I would have to keep it up.


Living on the street was not easy. I didn't want Bella to see me as a homeless person and take pity on me. I wanted her to see me as an equal, but I also wanted the anonymity living on the street provided.


Leaving my family was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I was tired of being the seventh wheel, if you will. Living with three couples, was not easy. None of them truly felt out of place. I would know I read their thoughts. They all had someone to confide in, someone to help them, and someone to just be there even if nothing was needed.


So I followed Bella and Jenny to the doctor's office, and wouldn't you know it. Her doctor is my father of sorts. I wondered what they were doing here. I could smell them all on the air. We usually all stayed together when moving to a new area, but we were usually playing high school. And what do you know they were all here working in the same office building.


I guess they had gotten tired of playing make believe and quit going back to high school like me.


I realized that I could not get too close to the building without giving myself away. So, I stayed close enough that I could read my family's mind and keep watch on Bella and Jenny. I didn't really care for Jenny, but my Bella liked her, so I thought I should look out for her at least while they were together.


I watched through Jenny's mind as she dropped Bella off at the front door. She then parked the car and went inside to sit with her.


After a few minutes, Alice or 'Ally," as she was going by, called her name and led her to one of the exam rooms. Alice was reciting the Korean alphabet in German and then in Swahili. She must have known that I was close by or at least she hoped I was.


I laughed out loud when Jenny thought for sure that Alice was in the right place since she seemed to be on crack. She was bouncing even more than usual for her pixie self.


Reading Carlisle's mind, I could she that he was pretty sure Alice had had a vision of today, by the way she was bouncing more than normal. Whispering at vampire pitch to her, he wondered what she was so happy about. He walked past her as she was dancing and she mischievously said, "Not much." Shaking his head he silently wondered if he could invent vampire downers.


Alice turned around and gasped, "Carlisle, you wouldn't." Carlisle just turned to her and shook his head no. Alice having pity on him, "We might find out some information about Edward. If the patient can bring herself to ask you a few questions."


Carlisle gave her a hopeful grin, knocked on the door and entered the room. As soon as, he walked in Bella laughed and he looked at her strangely. Recovering his composure he introduced himself. Bella shook his hand and introduced Jenny.


I saw on her face that she realized that he had cool hands. In Jenny's mind she also realized that his hands were cooler than normal as well. I just hoped she didn't make the connection between him and me.


Carlisle being the gentle doctor he is, checked her ankle out quickly and as painlessly as he could.


He stepped out to get her something for the pain. Not knowing that he could hear Jenny and Bella's conversation he was struck by how much they had gathered about him from just his handshake.


He heard them discuss how he and I were alike and hoped that he might help them with figuring out who I could be.


Reading two people's mind wasn't something that I liked to do, but sometimes it was necessary. When Carlisle walked back into the room, Bella was looking at him. He tried not to look like he had been listening to their conversation, but through his mind and Jenny's mind. It would appear that he had been caught by Bella, before he had a chance to change the expression on his face.


Carlisle handed Bella the pill and some water. His phone rang. It was Alice. He had forgotten the bandage and the crutches. He left and Jenny decided that Bella would be the one to mention me to Carlisle.


"Gees, Carlisle, you would think that two tiny humans wouldn't make you become so forgetful." Alice joked handing him his bandage and crutches for Bella. Smirking, Carlisle stated, "Just you wait Alice it happens to the best of us. It could happen to you too."


Carlisle entered the room, with his equipment. He sat down and started to wrap Bella's foot. Carlisle wondered what was up with him today. He had forgotten the smallest things since Jenny and Bella had come into the office. He must have too much on his mind he surmised.


Looking at Bella's face through Carlisle's mind, I could see she was garnering the courage to ask him her questions.


"Dr. Cullen, this is a strange question, but do you have a brother?" I asked. "I saw this man earlier today and he could pass as your twin except for hair color. His hair is a reddish brown to your blond."


His phone began ringing again. I could tell that Carlisle was getting really irritated with Alice. He excused himself from the room again, threatening to take away her credit cards if she didn't stop calling him.


Alice walked up to Carlisle, "We are going to get to the good stuff now. You just needed to leave the room for Bella to finally make up her mind to tell us about Edward." Realizing what she was saying, Carlisle, let out the breath he had been holding and turned back to the room.


Carlisle and Alice listened to Jenny and Bella through the door. Alice's eyes glazed over and she saw that Jenny had taken a picture of me this morning. I was dirty and unkempt. Not at all like how she was used to seeing me.


Knocking on the door, Carlisle and Alice walked back into the room. Again Jenny wondered if she was on crack and if she should mention it to the doctor-her employer.


Carlisle apologized for leaving again and asked about the man they had mentioned a few minutes ago.


Bella started and said that she had seen me around the school and that I appeared to be following them around campus. Jenny spoke up, "No, I said he seemed to be following you around campus-not us-you." Bella looked at Jenny as though to say whatever. Handing Carlisle Jenny's phone she showed him the picture of me.


Alice pulled out her handkerchief to cover the face that she really couldn't cry. I could tell from her mind that she missed very much as did the entire family.


Carlisle was astounded that I had managed to keep from Alice's "sight" for all these years. He missed me as well, and knew that Esme would beside herself if she knew that I was close and hadn't visited.


I wasn't ready to go home yet. I still had to protect Bella and hopefully become her friend.


I left Carlisle and Alice's minds. I couldn't stand to see that I was the cause of all their sadness.

You must login (register a new account) to review.