- Text Size +

 

Copyright:

No copyright infringement is Meyer owns all Twilight characters and content. The plot although is mine.

Prologue Cont:

Knock knock

Holding the gun on me still Renee went to answer the door. I crept slowly step by step towards Bella and Renee. Appreciating the burning at the back of my throat like the monster I was.

I heard a familiar voice at the door. Edward we are here, try not to breathe. We can get out of this situation. Carlisle was here. "Pardon me ma'am. I was wondering if I could borrow a cup of sugar. "

Speaking at vampire speed, "A cup of sugar, Carlisle. What are you thinking?" "Trying to distract her so Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie can get you out of there, EDWARD." Carlisle responded. "Well be quick, Charlie has heard the commotion and is wondering what is going on down here." I shot back.

Renee looking at Carlisle confused, "Sugar, you want to borrow a cup of sugar. I am sorry, but I can't help you. I am a little busy."

Distract her and you should be able to get out unscathed Edward thought Alice. "I am sorry to have intruded at this time, Miss. I will leave you alone." Carlisle spoke and turned leaving quickly. I heard my family following him.

All this time, Bella, being Bella and not really afraid of much at her age, walked silently out from behind her mother's leg and was walking up to Edward.

Not knowing how to deal with this, seeing as his throat was burning more and more the closer she got. He quickly turned picked up the picture frame and threw it at the wall.

Renee screamed looking towards the wall and shot of the gun. With the sufficient distraction, Edward at vampire speed left the room and shot out the door.

Charlie ran down the stairs, "What the hell woman! What are you shooting at?"

Renee started to cry, "There was a man in the house. He was holding a picture of us and I pulled my gun on him. As I told him to stay still, the door bell rang. I turned to answer it, still pointing my gun at the man holding the picture. The man at the door asked for some sugar. Incredulously, I told him to go away. Looking like the was sorry to have bothered me; he turned to leave the porch. When I was about to close the door the picture frame exploded against the wall. I shot the gun thinking the man was trying to escape and he did."

Thinking she was losing her mind Charlie took the gun out of her hands and put it on the coffee table. "What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving me, Renee. Not that I am not glad to see you and Bella here, but I thought you left." Charlie stated tears running down his face.

"I got as far as the Forks City sign, and realized I couldn't leave you. I love you too damn much!" Renee sputtered as tears ran down her cheeks.

Picking up Bella and crossing the room to Renee, Charlie held them both in his arms. He realized he came very close to losing his family and he had to make some changes so it wouldn't happen again.

Edward left the house quickly followed by his family. He ran to Alaska, trying to get away from the little girl who had stolen his heart already. Everyone tried to keep up with him and tried to get him to stop.

Alice started to speak, but Edward quickly quieted her. "Alice, I do not know what else you have seen. I know that you could not have seen what just happened as it was a quick choice. Please do not beat yourself up about this."

"Oh, I don't Edward. If you had just waited like I had asked you would have met her while we were all in high school again. But now you have just messed everything up and I see you living like a homeless man on the streets. Yet, I can't see what city it is. I do know it is in the same city as Bella, but fifteen years from now."

I opened my mouth to speak, but I had nothing to say. I had ruined another plan, if I had only waited for the right moment I could have met her.

Carlisle asked, "Edward, what happened?" "Car.... I don't know. I entered the house through Bella's window..."

"Edward the peeping tom. Who knew he had it in him." Emmett muttered jovially.

Rosalie just smacked him upside the head. "Ow, Rosie. What was that for?" cried Emmett holding the back of his head and rubbing it.

"Well, if you would shut your mouth we could get to the end of Edward's story." Said Rosalie.

"I entered her room on the second floor and her scent was almost too much. I was able to control it since it seemed it was like she hadn't been there in a while. So I left her room and headed down the stairs. I read Charlie's mind. Renee had taken Bella and was leaving him; something about moving to California and sunshine. As I walked down the stairs and saw pictures of the family. There were pictures of Bella from when she was a baby until now. I just lost track of time and Renee was there holding a gun on me. Then you all showed up." I told everyone.

Jasper sent waves of calm to me and I smiled at him gratefully.

Carlisle spoke, "Well, Edward since Alice sees the future differently now I think it is best if we leave the area and relocate. Let us head back home and discuss this with your mother."

Everyone nodded and started to follow him running home. I turned back to the direction of Forks and sighed. Alice stayed behind and wrapped her arms around me. Looking up she said, "You will be in her life I have seen it Edward. I just don't think it is a good idea if you see what happens though."

Nodding to Alice and hugging her, "Thanks for being here for me little sister!"

We all ran home and Esme met us half way. Alice had texted her to let her know we where on our way home, and where she could meet us.

Esme ran into Carlisle's arms sobbing. He held her tenderly in his arms. I had to look away. I wanted someone desperately to hold like that. As quickly as the emotion rose within me I shoved it away. No reason Jasper getting a hit and spreading it around. Everyone would know who it was from. Me, and they would tell me to quit brooding that "she" was out there somewhere.

What they didn't know, what Alice and Jasper guessed was "she" was out there and right now she was a little girl. I was going to have to wait until she was older to make myself known to her. I would give her the choice of having me or someone else to be in her life as her lover.

I reached a resolution, in an effort to make up for what pain and problems I caused this night to my family and Bella's family. I would live in the shadows looking out for Bella. I would protect her from immediate harm. Until such as a time as I could introduce myself to her, as a gentleman. Possibly to be in her life as a friend....hopefully a lover.

The family paired off to go hunting. Rosalie and Emmett went north towards Canada. Alice and Jasper went south. Carlisle, Esme and I went east. I expected to be yelled at by my parents, since everyone had left.

Esme stopped me as we were a few miles from the others. "Edward, what were you thinking? You scared me out of my mind. I just saw you leave and everyone follow. " "I am truly sorry, Esme. I didn't mean to worry you or anyone else. I just had to see for myself what she was like." I told her hanging my head. "What is she like?" asked Esme.

"She is so small and so cute. She is only about three years old. So I have a few years to wait until I can approach her." I said to her smiling.

"Oh, Edward," Esme said hugging me. "I always knew this day would come. I thought she would be a little older, but I always hoped for the best for you. You are my oldest son. I love you so much!"

I hugged Esme back and left her and Carlisle to hunt by themselves. Not wanting to disturb their special time. I knew that hunting could cause feral emotions in mated pairs and I didn't want to see that. So I went west to go hunting on my own so I could let them all hunt in peace.

Later that night we all met up at home. Knowing that I had to keep my decisions to myself to avoid Alice's interference; I kept changing my mind on what shoes to wear. After a few days, Alice walked up to me and said, "I don't care what shoes you wear. Quit changing your mind. I get it. I will stop looking into your future."

Noting that she would not "see" my decisions I smugly I walked out of the room, out of the house, and into the night. Heading for Bella and hopefully our future, clutching her picture in my hand.

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.