- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

Lucas is about to discover what his powers are and what he does with them.

Lucas’s POV

Jacob, Nessie and I were heading back to our house. I really hate that Collin kid; first he insulted me, my family and worst of all Nessie. No one insults Nessie right in my face. I was lucky that I didn’t get my head ripped off. I didn’t know what I did back there. All I know was when that asshole was in the air ready to land on me, I did what I always do to protect myself in panic; throw my arms in front of me. Next minute, I felt him close to me when he bounced off. I wish Nessie and Jacob would tell me what happened because they haven’t said a word since we left the Reserve. We arrived at the main house and to no surprises, the whole family is here. Are they always here when something happens to me?

“What’s going on?” Bella asked as I sat down on the couch.

“Long story short, Luke and Collin got in fight and when Collin was about to land on him, he got bounced off.” Jacob explained as he and Nessie sat down as well.

“How?” Jasper asked.

Edward was looking at Nessie and Jacob. Probably reading their minds. “Whoa.” He said.

“What is it Edward?” Esme asked.

“From what I’m seeing in Jacob and Nessie’s mind, Lucas used some sort of power to protect himself.” Edward explained.

“Really,” Carlisle said as he came to me and looked at me interestingly. “How did you do it?”

“I don’t know I just threw my arms out like this.” I explained as I demonstrate what I did. Everyone gasped. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I looked at my arms. It was surrounded by some light blue cloud-like substance.

“What is going on here?” I asked looking scared.

“It can’t be.” Carlisle said as he took my arm and examined it.

“Care to explain to us what we don’t know?” Emmett asked looking annoyed.

“I don’t know how to start but what we’re seeing is Lucas’s aura.” Carlisle explained.

There was silence.

“My aura?”

“Yes and its quite rare for you to show it. Not many vampires have this kind of power.” Carlisle explained.

“What is this power about?” Rosalie asked.

“Well an aura is a field of subtle, luminous radiation surrounding a person. The aura is able to protect that person from any psychic powers.” Carlisle explained.

“So that’s why our powers didn’t have any effect on him.” Edward said.

“Well I was able to use mine on him the same way I did on mom.” Nessie explained.

“So it’s like Bella’s shield?” Emmett asked.

“Not exactly.” Carlisle said. “Bella’s shield protects just her mind but Lucas’s aura protects his whole body but like how Bella allows Edward to read her mind, Lucas can release his aura when he wants to.”

“So if he lets go of his aura, our powers will work on him?” Edward asked.

Carlisle nodded. “It seems like it.”

“I notice something else earlier.” Jacob said as we looked at him. “Lucas you said you could tell that Collin was getting angry before he showed it. How could you tell?”

I thought hard on what happened back on the Reserve. “You know I did see something around him that looks like his aura, like mine only red. Red shows signs of anger so I just assumed.”

“So you can detect emotions like I can.” Jasper said.

“I guess.” I shrugged. I heard Alice squealing with excitement.

“Okay we know what power he has and what he does with it. Now come on, turn off your aura so I can see your future.” She said.

“Hey, it’s not that easy when I don’t know how.” I said. Just then, there was a bang when I felt a sphere came out of my hand. Everyone jumped out of the way as the sphere hit a wall and disappeared.

Everyone was looking at me with their mouths hanging open.

“I swear I didn’t do it!” I said holding my arms in surrender.

“We know Lucas. We think it’s time to give you some training on how to use your powers.” Carlisle said as he and everyone got up. I got up as well but I felt a little nervous about this. Weird things just keep happening to me by the minute.

Chapter End Notes:

What do you think about Lucas’s power? Please review. :)

You must login (register a new account) to review.