- Text Size +

Now I am not a runner, but I could tell that this was an emergency. I don't understand why we had to leave in such a hurry if the men ran away. They must be leaving us alone now.

 We ran into the car, and mom locked the doors and tinted the windows. My mom seems ready for this.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

 "Are they outside?" Mom asked.

I look outside, and saw them behind our car. "They're behind us! Why are they behind us?!"

Mom put the car in reverse, and stepped on the gas, sending them flying. This B is cray-cray! If you're not a fan of H.M. Ward, you won't know this term.

"Mom! Did you really have to hit them?" I asked.

"No time! Mom said. "We have to head home now!" And she drove off at the speed of light.

Oh my!

* * *

We finally reached the driveway of our house, and she parked the car, but didn't get out. She had the weirdest look on her face, like she was in shock. Her eyes were open, and just staring at the house...

"Mom! Are you okay?" I asked.

She didn't answer. That got me all kinds of scared.

I just looked at her in fright, and I then noticed darkness was surrounding my vision.

Soon, I couldn't even see my mom sitting in front of me. I was in complete darkness, and I felt claustrophobic.  I look around to see a planet on the right side of me. I could recognize it on any day of the week.

It was Pluto! (Well, Pluto is not a planet exactly, but a dwarf planet. But still.)

"Come closer!" I heard a voice whisper in my ear. The voice surrounded itself around me in this dark space between the planet and I.

I could feel my body getting closer to the purple, giant mass of a planet (Well, giant to me) as if it's gravity was taking effect on me, and when I broke into its atmosphere, I noticed a massive, dark castle.

"Now, you will be here," the sinister, feminine, deep voice  said.

Floating back into the atmosphere of Pluto, I get confused to see a different planet. It had the aspecs of Pluto, but it was different.

 "What?" I asked as I could hear my voice, weak and dull, like I was starving. Was this a sign?

"Selena!"

The darkness then brightened up quickly, and I was faced with reality, still in the car.

"Mom, what is going on?" I asked. "Who were those people? Why do they want me?"

There was a pause. The car grows silent and the tense thickens. "I didn't want to tell you this news. I have been holding it back for as long is I can stand. I can't hold it back any longer. Things are going to get much more difficult for you."

What? I stay silent, assuming my mom will fill me in.

"They want you because you are one of them."

"What?"

There was another pause. "Selena, You are a witch."

I couldn't believe what my mother was saying. Did the staring off into space affect her?

"Excuse me?!"

"Stop," she holds her hand up to silence me, "Don't be surprised, let me explain."

"Please, I would enjoy that."

"When God created Adam and Eve, there were not two people, but three perfect humans. After sin came into the world and the Lord kicked them out of the garden, the last of the three was tempted over to a tree that was hidden from them. How that person found it, I have no idea. Legend says one fruit would kill, but two would do magic. They ate two of the fruits. That summoned the magic into the world, making the first witch or wizard. This knowledge has been passed on for years and years. Until today, where half of the population in this world are witches and wizards," Mom explained.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! She was telling a lie about Christianity, and saying that magic is real? Magic is work of the devil. Come on!

"You're joking. Right?" I asked.

"Nope." My mom crosses her arms to stand her ground.

"Why isn't it in the Bible?"

"Since day one, magic was supposed to be a secret. You can't use it on Earth, until one special day."

"And that is?"

"Can't say. it's a surprise."

Oh...

"Then what am I? Not human?"

"You're half witch, and half human. The witch or wizard marries a human to make a HMHH."

"HMHH?"

"Half-magic-half-human."

"Mom, did you take your medication today? How can I be anything but human? Are witches a different species?

"Explain why those men had those specific cloths on."

I had to think about that for a moment. Come to think about it, other people didn't see me until I said those words, and then they appeared out of thin air in the back of our car. Could magic be real?

"Come with me," Mom replied, got out of the car, and gestured to me. "You seem like you need some proof."

The left side of my mind told me not to, but the right told me to go. I got out of the car, and followed my mom inside until I found my mom standing in front of her office. "Wait, we're not allowed in your office."

"Just this time," she said, holding one finger up to me, and opened the door.

We walked into her office, and she went up to her safe that me and Mason tried to get into when we were younger. Back when we were very little, we would walk into mom's office, and try to see what was in there with one person's ear on the safe door, and the other one turning the knob, like the movies.

She put in her code, opening the safe, which is the size of me (And I'm 5'9.) She pulls out an old yellow box that looked like it had been through war.How doesn't it collapse?

She opened the box, and took out a piece of paper, a stick, and a hat. "The hat is something you receive your Finalmen year of school."

"What school? It's summer."

"It's a surprise. Former witches and wizards cannot say the name of the school."

"Where is it?"

"Just read this first," Mom demanded in her mother's voice as she handed me an envelope.

The envelope was the color [1]  of the clouds, and it had sparkles all over it. I took the envelope, and felt its rough texture.

"Open it." She insisted.

I open the envelope, and there was a letter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Selena Dixon,

You are receiving this letter because you are invited to go to school on the faraway planet of Saturn.

At our school, we teach young witches and wizards to master their abilities like spells and flight. You will meet many different magically fluent students from Earth, and maybe life long relationships. It's an incredible opportunity.

If so, you will be directed by train to Venus, and then you will turn back to go to Saturn. Please bring some money so you can convert to Jhunas. £500 or more is enough for the British currency.

Please bring...

~ Money (desired amount)

~ Clothes to last you for at least a week

- Any hygiene supplies you'll need

~ If you take any medication, bring it

~ A broom (one you can buy at Tesco, Wal-Mart, etc.)

 

Do not bring AT ALL:

~ any sort of weapons

~ drugs (Unless written with permission from the nurse)

~ More than one Phones/iPods/Tablets

~ ANY Laptops (Only applies to freshman)

 

 

You must be at the launchpad with your parent/guardian on June 1st.

 

"My first question is: how are we supposed to get to Venus and Saturn if we haven't even been able to get to Mars?" I asked in irritation.

"Human's haven't been able to explore space as far as the magically fluent have. They still haven't even gotten to the deepest parts of the oceans."

"So we use magic to get there?"

"No, we use a bus, Selena, keep up"

Well...

"You have to start packing. That's tomorrow," Mom replied as she put the stuff back in the safe.

I walk myself to my room, and begin to pack.


give the colors and say it resembles the color of saturn. not all of your readers will know the color of saturn.

You must login (register a new account) to review.