- Text Size +

The rest of the way to Saturn was very boring. All we did was play on the computers we bought. I got a game of Pokémon Emerald completed twice, and I finished one of my books. Worst part is, I can't get it to be published because it takes six months, and I can't even email my literary agent! Ugg!

"Students, we have arrived on Saturn, please grab your things, and head off the bus. We will see you at the end of the year!

We grabbed our stuff, and headed into the tall, ancient school. The planet of Saturn was breathtaking! I couldn't believe on how it beautiful it was! It was basically like the heavens above.

All of us walked out of the train and grabbed our things from the pile that they placed. Mine was on top, so I got a head start.

When everyone had their stuff, we saw black smoke come from the building doors and someone walk out.

"Welcome freshmen of Earth! I am Huxvey!" - She said it as hujx-vee with a weird accent far away from Earth - "You are lucky to be here because the Almen and the Finalmen haven't arrived yet! Which gives you time to choose your dorms and put away your stuff! Now, let me check if you're all here," She announced and got out her iPad.

As she was taking attendance, I admired her looks. From her long, black wedding dress-like robe, her pink high-heels, and long red hair that extended to her butt. It was beautiful.

When she got done, she closed her iPad cover, and said "All nine hundreds of you are here!"

That had me surprised. I didn't realize there were NINE hundred of us!

"Now follow me to choose your dorms," She announced and started to walk back into the school.

We all followed her to a strange, dark hall and she made us file in a straight line. Like, come on lady! We're not little kids!

 "Students, you will go into that room, and the teller will tell you what dorm you will be put in," She announced and opened the door to a dark hallway. "You may proceed."

I was first in line, and I entered the room to find some sort of fortune teller wanna-be floating crossed legged with a bowl of liquid sitting next to her. She was very creepy.

"Press your hand in the clay,"  she demanded, "This will tell you what dorm you will be in."

I pressed my hand into the clay, and she poured the liquid into the print. When the liquid dried - about five seconds later - she took it out, and gave it to me. "This is called a Clayer hand." (Yea, she said Clayer. Like layer, but with a C added onto it)

"You are in Siofit,"  It had on the palm.

I looked at the teller, and she gave me a map of the school, basically it was a five page packet that mapped out each floor. Yea, the school was that big.

"Where are the dorms?" I asked.

"Fifth page, to the right," She replied. "Since you are Siofit, I will transport you to the dorm."

Her eyes then glowed like the eyes of the devil, and the wall slid open like a shopping mall door. "Go in."

So, I did.

As the door closed behind me, I walked down the pitch-black hallway, and I found a door! I could barely see what type of door it was, and I ran to it. As it opened for me, I exited, and I was in another hallway. Like...What the heck?!

I turned around, and saw the door, I exited from being the door leading into Siofit. Weird...

"Welcome. Place your Clayer hand on this," It said and a robotic hand spat out a plate. I sat the Clayer hand on the plate, and it took it in. Once it was done making a humming noise, it threw it at me (What a jerk!) and the doors open.

 "Welcome Selena!" it said. Creepy...

I entered with my belongings, and found I could choose which room I wanted. So, I looked in all the rooms compared them, and choose the room with the biggest bed, the biggest desk, the biggest drawer, and the most precious view of Saturn. They were basically the same, but I chose that one anyway. I wrote my name down on the door, and put my stuff in the appropriate places.

When I unboxed my laptop and set it up, I connected to the school's Wi-Fi, and it had survey to fill out. Basically what we would expect.

After I submitted the survey, Megan came in to join me in my dorm!

"Hey, you signed up for your classes in the library?"

"No."

"Better do it before it gets crowded," She replied.

She did have a point there. I did have to get there before everyone else gets all the classes.

I rushed out of my dorm like the speed of light, and headed to the library. There, I went up to the front desk.

"Hi! How can I help you?" She greeted in a nice tone. I think I would like this library.

"I'm here to sign up for my classes," I replied.

"Right over there," She replied and pointed to some iMacs! I LOVE Apple Computers!

I walked over to one of the iMacs, scanned the bar-code on my Clayer hand, and it showed me a white screen with a lot of text. Uggg...work!

 

 

 

Student: Selena Dixon

Grade: 1 2 3

Sex: Male  Female

Dorm :Siofit

Classes to choose from (put a "@" on the ones you will be taking and a "&" on the ones if the first ones are full)

Core

English I Concepts

English I &

Honors English I @

Physics concepts &

Introduction to Physics @

Honors Physics

CC physics

Pre-Geometry &

Pre-Algebra  @ *filled in by parent*

Algebra I

Honors Algebra I

Saturn Government @

Honors Saturn Government &

Study hall, independent @

Magic/electives

Introduction to Computer literacy @

Broom Flying

Potions I  @ *filled in by parent*

Introduction to dreaming and sleeping literacy

Introduction to Mind reading + studies of the brain @

Sathanish I @ *Filled in by parent*

 

 

 

I clicked the accept button, and it said "You have now sent the results to the servers where Huxvey and the counselors will place you in the correct blocks. Please head to the printer, grab the paper, and give it to Huxvey."

I walked over to the printer, grabbed the piece of paper with a ton of symbols on it, walked up to the desk, and asked the librarians, "Do you accept book donations?"

"Yes, we do. What book do you have?" She asked.

"It's in my bag; let me get it," I replied, looked through my bag, and brought out a copy of each of my books.

"Who wrote this book?" She asked.

"I did."

"Wait, you're a book author?!" She asked in surprise. Maybe me being an author might do well in this school.

"Yes. That series is a trilogy, but I will bring them next year."

"Ms. Grasso, you need to see this!" the secretary called.

When she called this, Megan came in, and asked, "What happened?"

"Nothing, I just gave her a copy of my first book," I replied.

I then saw another one of the librarians walk up, and she asked the other one, "What is it Ms. Roman?" The librarian had hair like a boy, and she was skinny. She wasn't that hot.

"This girl right here has written this book! Do you think you can add this to the system?" She asked.

"I have to read it first," She replied and took a look at the back cover. "Children running away from their parents and hiding? Seems interesting! I am ‘gonna take this back to my office, and read this. OK?"

"Sure!" I replied. "I know you will enjoy it!"

She walked back to her office, and started to read it. I watched her read it, and she looked like she was truly interested in it!

"I have some questions about the library," I asked the secretary.

"Sure, what are they?"

"In my school on Earth, the library offered to have the students come to the library instead eating lunch... does that apply here?"

"Yes! Do you want a pass to eat lunch there first, and then come up?" She asked.

"Sure!"

"Can I see your pass?"

"I don't have one yet," I replied.

"Well, I'll give you the paper pass anyway," She replied and headed back to the office to get a pass. She came back with a gold piece of paper, and gave it to me. "All you have to do is show the teacher-on-duty that passes - and a sticker - and they will let you up."

"What about the sticker?" I asked.

"Once you have your school ID, you get a sticker to put on the back of it. There is a new rule that you have to wear your ID for the school day."

"When do I get it?"

"Right now. Just let me sign a piece of paper, and you can take to Huxvey. Then you will get your pictures taken."

After she had brought out the pass and signed it, I noticed a line started to form behind me. "Sorry!"

I departed from the library, and walked to Huxvey standing with the students who still need to get their pass.

"Huxvey?" I said. "I have the paper for you."

"OK, can I see it?" She asked.

I gave her the paper; she looked it over, and then asked, "Why is the time late?"

"I had a conversation with the librarians,"  I replied. "They gave me a lunch pass."

She looked at the pass in my hand, and said, "OK, head to the Journalism room and get your picture taken for your school ID. Since the librarian gave you a pass, you need to go back and get a sticker from them. Then report back to Room 217."

"OK," I replied and walked to room 217. When I arrived, I saw a ton of iMacs, a couch (don't even ask why.) and a photo both.  I then saw the teacher stare at me. "Are you here for the pictures?" she asked in a crackly voice.

"Yes, I am."

"Well, come here and sit down."

I walked over to the stool, and sat down. "Is this good?"

"Tilt your head to the right a little," She replied.

I tilted my head to the right, and she looked at the camera for a second. "Your ID will print in a moment," She said. Wait, that quick?

"Wait, did you even take the picture?" I asked in surprise. This guy must be messing with me!

"Now, this camera takes a picture when I wink my eye," He replied as the machine made a noise and a plastic ID came out with my picture, my ID and bar-code, a wolf in the background, and text saying "TUMSPUV GENIMIS SUDENT SELENA DIXON. CLASS OF 6114."

"I thought I was the class of 2016?" I asked.

"On Earth you are, but the years are different here on Saturn. It takes 29.7 Earth years for a full Saturn Year. Don't ask me about it... ask your math teacher."

"Thanks," I thanked. "Now what?"

"Go to Huxvey and get it approved."

I walked over to Huxvey (Who was still standing to get the students in their dorms) and said, "Can you approve this?

She looked at my ID, and said, "Yup. Now, go to your dorm, and wait for the feast to begin.

Feast?! "Sure," I said and walked to my dorm.

 

* * *

 

"Students, please come down to your dorms for the feast," Huxvey announced.

"A feast?" Megan asked.

"A welcome feast, I think," I said. "C'mon!"

We rushed down to the dining room, and sat down.

Once everyone was down, Huxvey stood up, and said, "Begin."

Food appeared amongst us! All Earth food. Not Sathinish food. Sadly.

"Now, you may begin," Huxvey announced.

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.